• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Indentations in Leather

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indentations in Leather

Had to put a bike in the back of my car and now have indentations on the leather. Any suggestions on getting this out? I thought about a little heat and massage with leather cleaner conditioner. It's been a little cold and the leather is pretty stiff.

No comments on how dirty my seats are. 6 year olds and a busy schedule haven't helped.

IMG_20131216_094611_216 by tigertacp, on Flickr

IMG_20131216_094527_813 by tigertacp, on Flickr

Re: Indentations in Leather

Try using steam to allow the leather to expand. Be careful not to over due it or you could discolor the area.
    Extreme Radiance Detailing

2001 C5 Corvette - Black
    2010 LT2 Camaro - Victory Red

Comment

You are right on track!

In all honesty, it will probably return to normal on its own with a few heating/cooling cycles from the weather, but if your looking for a more expedient solution, cycle it yourself! I second the steam suggestion to accomplish this, but in the absence of steam:

-Start by cleaning the leather.

-Use a hairdryer to heat up that section.

-When the leather has returned to normal (or at least close), slather on the leather conditioner. Do this while it is still warm.
      Brandon
      Custom Cleaning Concepts, LLC
      (435) 249-4CCC (4222)
      "When you want your ride as clean as can be, you need to call CCC!"

Comment

Thanks guys. I upgraded cars to a Regal Turbo but seems the leather got stepped down a notch. My last car, a G6 GXP, had softer, very forgiving leather. Had some minor indentations from a stack of notebooks and binders from work that would come out in a day or two on a southern summer day. This leather is thicker, stiffer, and won't clean as easily. I can see now we won't be getting along very well together. Of course GM isn't well know for quality leather except on occasion.

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');