• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ultra Plush Chenille Wash Mitt and Wash Pad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ultra Plush Chenille Wash Mitt and Wash Pad

My review of the Ultra Plush Wash Mitt and Wash Pad.

Packaging & Labeling:

Nice labeling and packaging as with all the products.

Usage Tips/Directions:

Good directions and care tips.

Performance:

Well, these products really let me down. When I felt them, I was impressed with how soft and plush they were. I also like the foam in the mitt that helps hold a lot of water. When I used them, I was extremely disappointed with the lint. I mean, it was all over the place. My WW drying towel looked like a lint filter.

Too bad, as they seemed to both be very safe on the paint. However, it’s not worth the hassle to remove all the lint.

Value:

The price is right, but not the products.

Conclusions:

Probably won’t use these again.

Pros:
    Soft and plush.
    Safe for paint.
    Like the foam on the inside of the mitt.

Cons:
    Did I mention LINT!

Initial Ratings:

Probably "OK" for Joe Consumer
    Consumer rating = 7

The lint will drive enthusiast crazy… at least this one!
    Detailing Enthusiast rating = 5
    Boss_429

Nice write up, but bummer... I have not tried them yet but I really like the feel to them as well.

Do you think a second use would be better.... On the first try the lint was released from the mitt/sponge?
    Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
    Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Well, I washed them prior to usage (could see what was coming ). I suppose after a few washings they would probably be better, but not great. Also, at the rate they are giving off lint... there won't be any cotton left on them.

Let us know how your tests on them go.
      Boss_429

Comment

Originally posted by Boss_429
        Well, I washed them prior to usage (could see what was coming ). I suppose after a few washings they would probably be better, but not great. Also, at the rate they are giving off lint... there won't be any cotton left on them.

Let us know how your tests on them go.
        Kind of a let down I have always liked Chenille wash mitt/sponges I was happy to see Megs had some new ones.
        Brandon

Comment

Originally posted by gb387
          Kind of a let down I have always liked Chenille wash mitt/sponges I was happy to see Megs had some new ones.
          Well, keep an open mind and come to your own conclusions.

I'm also a fan of cotton mitts and have had good luck with another brand. Yes, I would get a tiny amount of lint to begin with and an occasional "pull" of cotton somewhere. However, nothing like these mitts.

Maybe I got some bad ones?
          Boss_429

Comment

Nice review Boss... very open and totally honest.

Like you, I had a bit of a time with lint from the mitt as well.

RP
            -The Final Detail-
            Lagrange, Kentucky
            thefinaldetail@insightbb.com
            CLICK HERE TO VISIT MY GALLERY

Comment

Guys,

I used the Deep Pile Chenille Wash Mitt on my black Hemi and my wife's silver Tacoma earlier this evening. No lint -- nada. I like its "plushness" a bunch. It holds lots of water/soap and cleans up easily. It's as good as any wash mitt that I have ever used.

I'd buy the new Mequiar's mitt. I think that I prefer a cotton chenille mitt to any other type of mitt, sponge or brush. But then those new versa- angle body brushes are darned nice......

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by Boss_429
                Well, keep an open mind and come to your own conclusions.

I'm also a fan of cotton mitts and have had good luck with another brand. Yes, I would get a tiny amount of lint to begin with and an occasional "pull" of cotton somewhere. However, nothing like these mitts.

Maybe I got some bad ones?
                I am still going to give them a try and see how they work. Like you said with others I have only had the "pull" of cotton maybe a little lint.
                Brandon

Comment

Originally posted by tguil
                  Guys,

I used the Deep Pile Chenille Wash Mitt on my black Hemi and my wife's silver Tacoma earlier this evening. No lint -- nada. I like its "plushness" a bunch. It holds lots of water/soap and cleans up easily. It's as good as any wash mitt that I have ever used.

OK... I'll hand wash mine one more time, and try it again! Maybe mine was on the bottom of a pile of other mitts or something.
                  Boss_429

Comment

i didnt have any lint problems at all when washing with the mitt but when i wash it out with firehouse nozzle i do get some lint out going down the driveway, but seems alot less now that i have used them about a half dozen times....

Comment

I tried the chenille wash mitt and like many others users I got terrible linting from it. It's too heavy also IMO, almost fell off my hand, when I washed the lower panels.
                      On the other hand I love the New Ultra Plush mitt, better than sheepskin and produces more suds. I have plenty of them. but the chenille mitt stays in the drawer.

Comment

Hmm.. I didnt have any linting, though I did wash it first. I did have the stitching tear though.. bit of an annoyance. Have to call customer service.
                        2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

I recently received my ultra plush chenille mitt and pad.

So far I have tried the pad once. I noticed before using it and also from reading in the forum that lint would probably be an issue. I didn't have time to wash the pad before trying it. Lint was flying off it when I shook it or slapped it with my hand.

So I did something else.....I rolled the type of lint roller you use on clothing over it. It's like a roll of masking tape on a plastic handle with the sticky side out. It took at least 6 layers of tape (you can peel one layer off at a time when it gets full of lint).
                          Then I washed my car using the two bucket method with grit guards.
                          I only experienced a small linting problem in the end.
                          I would guess after a couple of gentle machine washings with woolite and some more lint roller over it, it will be fine.

Another thing that helps to get rid of lint left behind on the vehicle is to blow dry it; the lint blows away.
                          2006 Mercedes C-55 AMG black
                          2000 BMW 328ci silver-totalled by son (no injuries)
                          1998 Dodge Dakota Sport 4x4 deep amythest

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');