• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

is D151 the perfect product?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is D151 the perfect product?

Is D151 the perfect product for detailets in most situations? Seems like it offers a quick turnaround in and out. I dont mind spending days on my car but no one makes money that way.
    Extreme Radiance Detailing

2001 C5 Corvette - Black
    2010 LT2 Camaro - Victory Red

Re: is D151 the perfect product?

D151 is a great product and is definitive aims for production detailing. It offers great cut good finishing and pretty good protection. Is it the best? We'll depends how you ask. I know if Mario is around he will say M66 is is go all in one.

Now depending on what your looking for and your overall you may choose and AIO or a multi step process.

You our need to figure out what your customer wants what they are willing to pay for.
    Rupes 21 / Flex 3401 / G110v2 / GG3"
    Thoryamaha919 AKA Evan
    Click and Like my Facebook Page

Comment

D151 is an extemely versatile and time saving product. I've been meaning to try it with MF pads for when that extra cut (but still a one-step) is required..
      Originally posted by Blueline
      I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

Originally posted by davey g-force View Post
        D151 is an extemely versatile and time saving product. I've been meaning to try it with MF pads for when that extra cut (but still a one-step) is required..

I am thinking one could use it on a MF finishing pad and it would cover a lot of situations (Except really bad swirls, then the cutting pad would be the one) as they would still be more aggressive cut wise than foam.

Comment

It's my favorite all-in-one by far.

D151 is unique because it was based on compound with added protection/ wax, plus it uses SMAT.

These cars were treated with Paint Reconditioning Cream/ G110 speed 4/ yellow polishing pad:

Comment

^ I've seen your pics a million times, and I always get excited whenever I see them again....

To anyone...is the technique similar when using M66 & D151 with MF pads. I only have very nice well kept light color cars to play with
            "STRIFE" aka Phil
            2005 Infiniti G35 Coupe (IP/ aka White) the Toy
            2011 Subaru Impreza (SWP/ aka White) the DD
            2017 Subaru Forester (CWP/ aka White) Wifey's

Comment

I have used d151 plenty of times with MF pads with great results. I prime the pad and the put 4 pea size dots and then 2 or 3 after that. Key is keeping the pad clean. Speed and pressure depend on the softness or hardness of the paint.

http://www.meticulous-detail.com/
              "The Prep makes the Pop, not what's on Top"

Comment

I have a gallon of D151 that is several years old. I have used it a couple of times but I like M66 Quick Detailer better. Its easier to work with IMO. I would imagine D151 has more cut though.
                Nick
                Tucker's Detailing Services
                815-954-0773
                2012 Ford Transit Connect

Comment

I have a sample of D151 I have only used once so far, I was impressed with it, but it does seem to require quite a lot of product to be used. Working time was awesome, constant cut, and I was able to finish very nicely. I used it on Microfiber Finishing Pads on an Acura TSX, the pad didn't seem to have enough cut on this harder paint so I made many passes to remove the swirls. Sealant part of it seems to be holding still even after about one month. Smell of it is a bit harsh, gave me a killer headache.

Comment

I'm not a fan of 151. for the amount of dusting I get from it I'd might as well use 205 or 105.
                    But to each there own.
                    In my opinion 151 or 66 doesn't work well with the MF Pads, just use 301.
                    20, 66, 301 are my one step products. If the paint needs any correction I'll correct it with 205 or 105.

DetailingByM.com

Comment

@STRIFE aka Phil: Thank you, Sir.

@Tuck91: I know that you always prefer M66 and D301 over D151, Nick.

Meguiar's has great products in every category. Mike Phillips always says: "Find something that you like and use it often".

Comment

Greg0303 your car looks great and a great shine from AIO product.
                        How long does it last?

2001 C5 Corvette - Black

Comment

I notice many of you ate using MF pads . How does d151 work with LC CCS pads?

2001 C5 Corvette - Black

Comment

Originally posted by gclark26 View Post
                            Greg0303 your car looks great and a great shine from AIO product.
                            How long does it last?
                            Thank you.
                            The Audi, before treatment, was gray not black. The Lexus was in much better shape but still the improvement was very visible.
                            You can top D151 with any finishing wax for even longer protection or if you plan to finish with it you could let it dry for 20 minutes before wipe-off (it increases protection time but you won't be able to see defect removal before wipe-off).

Originally posted by gclark26 View Post
                            I notice many of you ate using MF pads . How does d151 work with LC CCS pads?
                            I only used it with Hydro-Tech and Hybrid pads, not CCS. Both types worked great.

Comment

Sorry for bringing back an old post, just seems better than making a new one. I just landed a big account with a new/used dealership needing to shell out 10 cars/week on top of my regular customers. Some of the cars are trade in's, most are auction buys, and are relatively clean. Thinking about getting D151 to speed up the process though.
                              Obviously they don't need or want to pay for a bunch of show room cars, so a quick high gloss with light protection is fine. I'll only be doing paint correction if they ask me to.
                              I will be using a rotary.
                              Just trying to understand the way this works. Is it designed to always 1 step, or if I decide to use a more aggressive pad, should I expect to see some minor holograms, in which I would reapply the same product onto a lesser aggressive finishing pad?
                              And keeping that one step...assuming I could use say a mid-aggressive polishing pad, let it set until dry and wipe it off, and boom, its now waxed too...right?

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');