• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ultimate Polish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ultimate Polish

How does Ultimate Polish compare to M205. The feedback I've seen would tend to indicate that it is more difficult to work with than M205, even though Ultimate Polish is a consumer line product and uses the SMAT set as M205. Does anyone know where to find locally; which stores may have it in stock? I've tried all the auto body paint supply stores in my area as well as all the auto parts stores.

Re: Ultimate Polish

UP is based on the same technology as M205 but in a more user friendly version. I have used both products and I havenot had any trouble removing either. I started off with UP but have moved toward M205. I found M205 at autozone. UP can be found at any local autoparts store. Walmart has it for a good price.
    99 Grand Prix
    02 Camaro SS

Comment

Originally posted by The Guz View Post
      UP is based on the same technology as M205 but in a more user friendly version. I have used both products and I havenot had any trouble removing either. I started off with UP but have moved toward M205. I found M205 at autozone. UP can be found at any local autoparts store. Walmart has it for a good price.
      Why have you moved from Ultimate Polish to M205 if UP is more user friendly? From what I've read they use exactly the same abrasives.

Comment

I wanted to step up to the pro version. Plus it gives a little more cut than UP which works great on my car that has hard clear.
        99 Grand Prix
        02 Camaro SS

Comment

Yeah, M205 = a bit more cut
          UP = a bit more polishing oils

Both are similar..
          Originally posted by Blueline
          I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

Thanks. I think I will continue to search for M205. The local Auto Zone had M105 but not M205. I will check a few other Auto Zone stores or order on line if necessary.

Comment

Originally posted by 305Cummins View Post
              How does Ultimate Polish compare to M205. The feedback I've seen would tend to indicate that it is more difficult to work with than M205, even though Ultimate Polish is a consumer line product and uses the SMAT set as M205. Does anyone know where to find locally; which stores may have it in stock? I've tried all the auto body paint supply stores in my area as well as all the auto parts stores.

M205 is my go to product along with M105.

M205 is extremely versatile and can be used from error correction to jeweling just by changing pads and technique and it leaves an excellent finish.

Comment

What's your jeweling technique? Have you ever tried it with M7?
                2018 Acura RLX Tech - Majestic Black Pearl

Comment

Originally posted by Stephan View Post
                  What's your jeweling technique? Have you ever tried it with M7?
                  Back in the old days I used M7 on single stage paint...... On a rotary..... Has a ton of oils and fillers in it..... great for paint in in really bad shape, dried out etc.... To restore the paint after compounding and polishing. Also can be used before hand on really dry paint, put it on really thick and let it sit for like 24 hours then take it off.

For Jeweling I use M205 on a Megs 6.5" Beige pad on 3 or 4 and go over each section like 4 times or so......

That's after M205 on a yellow pad..

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');