• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meguiar's Soft Buff 2.0 pads or Lake Country pads?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meguiar's Soft Buff 2.0 pads or Lake Country pads?

For a few months I've been doing this detailing research and always wanted to use Meguiar's Soft Buff 2.0 pads... but now the Lake Country are getting my attention. Pros/Cons of each?

Re: Meguiar's Soft Buff 2.0 pads or Lake Country pads?

Buff n shine is the way to go lol
    LC pads from reading on forums arent that well made cant verify this for myself i only use the Hybrid on my flex and the hydrotech 7/8 on my rotary.
    Megs 2.0 pads i never had an issue with, edges of your BP are safe cause the foam wraps around it and it centers itself
    If you like my work please like my FB page
    https://www.facebook.com/Ultimatecardetailingoc

Comment

I have both Megs and LC pads and never had a problem with either.
      Originally posted by Blueline
      I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

Yeah I'll just stick with SB 2.0 then!

Comment

I agree with Psynx, Buff & Shine, then Meguiars, then LC. If Megs made some 5.5" pads like their 7" pads, I might vote them 1st.

Comment

I have 2 Porter-Cables and a DA Flex and a variety of backing plates. I use mainly four Meguiar's pads yellow foam, black foam and the two microfibers. They meet most of my hobbyist's requirements. However, for something softer or something firmer, I use a few of the Lake Country's. Lake Country has quite a variety of pad densities and a lot of useful information on their web site for pad selection.

I like how the backing plate fits inside the foam pads on the Meguiar's. Helps prevent backing plate damage to the car.

"fishing for swirls in a sea of black"
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            David

Comment

I use the Megs 6.5" Yellow and Beige pads the most (Professional), also use the 7" Yellow and Black SB 2.0 and the 4" Yellow and Black.

The Beige Pro pads have NO CUT at all so they are really good for the last polishing step and applying waxes and sealants.

The Black pads have some cut...... VERY little as they are also a finishing pad though.

Yellow pads - Compounds and Polishes
              Beige Pad - Polishes and waxes.
              Black pads - Polishes and Waxes.

I do a 2 step Polishing process, Yellow pad 1st and then Beige Pad going back over as the Beige pad has no cut so the Polish does all the work, you could call it jeweling I guess, works great with UP and M205.

Comment

I have 12 yellow and black Meg's pads for my G110v2, I also have 8 LC CCS green and white pads. I purchased 6 Buff & Shine pads and they did not last very long at all. I may have used them 2 or 3 times before they started coming apart. Next up, 5.5" LC CCS pads. The Meg's & LC pads work really well.

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');