• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What products to use by hand?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What products to use by hand?

So M105 worked very well for me by hand and I plan to correct one panel at a time and seal it. The steps in my mind are:

1. Shampoo
    2. Clay
    3. M105 on a Tri-foam applicator
    4. M205 or Cleaner wax or Paint Reconditioning Cream or Paint Cleaner
    5. M16 or M26

I need help with step 4 as I am uncertain as to which of these products to use and what is the difference between them. I think 205 will just add oils for gloss while the cleaner wax will clean the paint as well. What will PRC do then?

Also, what's the difference between M16 and M26?

Re: What products to use by hand?

I need help with step 4 as I am uncertain as to which of these products to use and what is the difference between them. I think 205 will just add oils for gloss while the cleaner wax will clean the paint as well. What will PRC do then?
    The M105 will be the strongest cleaner, so anything after is just kind of extra.

M205 / Ult. Polish are mild paint cleaners and polishes.

A cleaner/wax will clean/polish/protect in one step. It is kind of a time saver as it combines steps, but can get a bit better results with individual steps, so up to you on that one.

PRC is more of a strong cleaner again.

Also, what's the difference between M16 and M26?
    #16 is discontinued due to VOC's, but is probably more durable if you can find it.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Oh that's great! I didn't know that 105 will cleanse the paint. I thought it is only an abrasive that corrects. In that case, I think I should only use 105 as it will serve both objectives of correction and paint cleansing.
      Once the paint is corrected, if I need to cleanse the paint in a few months again without doing any correction; I will look at 205 or PRC.

Originally posted by Murr1525 View Post
      #16 is discontinued due to VOC's, but is probably more durable if you can find it.
      I can get it from UK, point is if it is worth teh extra shipping charges when compared to gold class or M26.

Comment

Oh that's great! I didn't know that 105 will cleanse the paint. I thought it is only an abrasive that corrects.
        Well, if it can remove paint, dirt can be removed too...

Once the paint is corrected, if I need to cleanse the paint in a few months again without doing any correction; I will look at 205 or PRC.
        Yes, moving to a milder product in the future.

As a side note, I misspoke in the previous post... the PRC is a strong cleaner/wax.

#205 or Ult. Polish would be the mild cleaner/polishes.

I can get it from UK, point is if it is worth teh extra shipping charges when compared to gold class or M26.
        Never used it, so not sure on the specifics....
        2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');