• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Say, guys, what would you recommend for convertible tops?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Say, guys, what would you recommend for convertible tops?

#40, or #38? I've been using the #40, but I just read Mike's reply to NAMELESS in the NXT forum, and he recommended #38 for EXTERIOR vinyl.

Tom
    As the light changed from red to green to yellow and back to red again, I sat there thinking about life. Was it nothing more than a bunch of honking and yelling? Sometimes it seemed that way.

Just thinking out loud here but, it seems that Meguiar's #57 (Marine Product) might be more applicable?

I'm told that #40 and #57 definately do differ in chemical make up to better suit each individual environment in which they're made for use. With that in mind, the types of environmental situations which the vinyl top may encounter would, in my opinion, be more similar to that of a 'marine' situation (sun, moisture, mildew, etc).

I'm not as familar with #38 so, I'm not sure where that would play into the equation...

RP
    -The Final Detail-
    Lagrange, Kentucky
    thefinaldetail@insightbb.com
    CLICK HERE TO VISIT MY GALLERY

Comment

Are we talking cloth tops or vinyl tops ?
      If you dont play you CANT win!

Comment

Tom-
        I really like Ragtopp Cleaner and Protectant, but that might be blasphemous on this forum.

Comment

Re: Say, guys, what would you recommend for convertible tops?

Originally posted by Mosca
          #40, or #38? I've been using the #40, but I just read Mike's reply to NAMELESS in the NXT forum, and he recommended #38 for EXTERIOR vinyl.

Tom
          Hi Tom,

M-3832 is primarily for exterior rubber and plastic trim. It can however be used on Vinyl as long as the Vinyl is clean, or new. It’s one of those product that you have to try in order to get a feel for it. It’s great on tires by the way.

I like it because its a rich thick gel and I can apply it with a foam wax applicator. While not specifically listed for Vinyl, it can be used on vinyl. One of our field reps told me about using it on vinyl because it lasts a long time.

M-40 Vinyl & Rubber Cleaner/Condition has a light chemical cleaner and would be a better choice for vinyl tops that may need cleaning first.

I like to spray a vinyl top down with M-40 and work it in well with a clean foam applicator pad, allow it to penetrate for a few minutes and then come back and wipe the surface with a clean, 100% cotton terry cloth towel. If your towel is showing a lot of dirt, then repeat this process until your towel appears to be clean, or mostly clean after wiping of any excess.

Another way to clean a vinyl top before treating is to use our M-3916 Vinyl Cleaner.

This is a dedicated cleaner, by that I mean it contains no conditioning agents or protectants, cleaning agents only. It is quite effective.

It’s also good for loosening and removing dried wax off of plastic and rubber trim along with a soft bristle nylon brush, like an old toothbrush.

Mike
          Mike Phillips
          760-515-0444
          showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');