• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Minor swirl and towel mark removal...white wax then black wax???A

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minor swirl and towel mark removal...white wax then black wax???A

I have a 2012 Ram in Deep Cherry Red. Less than 6,000 miles on it. Finish is very good despite a few minoor swirl marks from the dealers car wash methods, and a few minor towel marks. I was wondering if the new White Wax followed by an application of the new Black Wax would help my finish become as close to perfect as possible?? Again, I will be doing this by hand. If you can recommend any other products for me to use I would love to hear it! I am very, VERY OCD with my truck and I just want to obtain the absolute best finish possible while doing it by hand. Thank you for any and all help and suggestions!

Re: Minor swirl and towel mark removal...white wax then black wax???A

If by hand, I would go with UC followed by Black Wax.
    2012 Acura CBP TL SH-AWD Tech

Comment

just use WW by itself.
      no need to waste money and time with another coat. Plus you'll remove most of the first layer of wax.

DetailingByM.com

Comment

^^Really?...so the white wax will take out most of the swirls and finish last step ready? Would I want to apply a sealant on top for extra gloss and protection?

Comment

Well, there is a few different things going on.

1. Removing defects - The White Wax would be the better of the cleaner/wax products to remove swirls. However, if working by hand, UC would probably be what I would want to have on the shelf.

2. If you were to use a cleaner/wax type product to remove swirls, then a follow up coat of a regular wax like Ult. Wax could be done if you wanted two coats of wax. And the Ult. Wax will be a bit more durable.

3. You could follow up the UC with either a cleaner/wax or a regular wax. Lots of different combos possible there....

Generally speaking, to have a shelf of detailing products, you can kind of cover every option if you have a strong cleaner (UC), mild leaner/polish (UP), cleaner/wax (White Wax, or ColorX) and a wax (Ult. Wax, etc).. then kind of pick and choose what fits your time, needs, paint condition, etc.
          2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');