• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brown Tree Stains on White Paint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Brown Tree Stains on White Paint

I tried Iron-X too. Did not work.

Comment

Originally posted by medrison View Post
      I tried the Ultimate Compound but I had to use it with the kitchen sponge on the rough side.
      That's a big no no. You just made more work for yourself. I recommend you invest in a DA and the DAMF system to fix all the scratches you introduced into the cars paint. If Iron X did not work then the next step would have been clay and then if that did not work then UC on a foam applicator pad would have been the next step. Good luck.
      99 Grand Prix
      02 Camaro SS

Comment

If iron x did not work, you may want to seek a pro nearby. They look like rail dust to me. A local shop may give you an in person opinion for free. Nathan

Comment

Where are you located? Maybe someone will chime in and help you out.

Bill

Comment

Have you tried claying it yet? That would be my first suggestion, but it's probably gonna need a fairly aggressive clay by the sounds of it. As others have stated, the scrubbing you did has probably caused much more damage and will take serious amounts of time, skill, and the proper tools and product to rectify. I know it's a horrible picture, but does the paint now look like the left side of this picture?

I buffed out this Jeep a couple weeks ago that a guy went to town on with one of those scrubbers It took many hours of M101 with MF cutting pad and my Rupes just to get it back to respectable.

Now you know where to come though to get some good advice, but it may be time to call in a pro this time around. Good luck man!
            Dynamic Detailing

Website | Instagram | Facebook

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');