• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

silvereagle38

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• silvereagle38

Does anyone know how to revitalize the black painted metal trim on the upper area of the doors on a 1997 Crown Victoria ?

Thanks in advance.

Paul

Re: silvereagle38

Most of them seem to be chrome. Was it ever painted? Can you upload a photo?
    Rupes 21 / Flex 3401 / G110v2 / GG3"
    Thoryamaha919 AKA Evan
    Click and Like my Facebook Page

Comment

This is the LX model and all the vertical trim is painted black right from the factory, it has gotten dulled out from the sun. I have tried rubbing compound, what a disaster. Nothing seems to work for very long.

Comment

1997 was the last for this model year, in 98 they eliminated the small extra window behind the rear doors and also eliminated the black painted trim for the 98 model year like most of the police cruisers you see on TV.

Comment

Trim dressing, you need oil in those. That's why the compound was a disaster, to dry.
          These are power coated and now deteriorated.
          Apply trim dressing wipe off, repeat weekly.

DetailingByM.com

Comment

Originally posted by Please Wash Me Detailing View Post
            Trim dressing, you need oil in those. That's why the compound was a disaster, to dry.
            These are power coated and now deteriorated.
            Apply trim dressing wipe off, repeat weekly.
            I don`t believe I have ever seen "Trim Dressing" on the shelves here in south eastern Ontario, could it go by another name ?

Comment

Something like ultimate black.

99 Grand Prix
              02 Camaro SS

Comment

Originally posted by The Guz View Post
                I know that will work on plastic, I did not know it works on metal as well ?

Comment

^^^ yes, oil is the base of these products and your not dealing with metal your dealing with powder coated metal.

DetailingByM.com

Comment

Originally posted by Please Wash Me Detailing View Post
                    ^^^ yes, oil is the base of these products and your not dealing with metal your dealing with powder coated metal.
                    Thank you so much, I did not know that, now I can get on with my clean up and detail of my beauty.

Comment

Originally posted by silvereagle38 View Post
                      Thank you so much, I did not know that, now I can get on with my clean up and detail of my beauty.
                      In my locality in Canada I am having a problem trying to locate Meguiars Black, short of ordering it out of the USA would "Mothers Back To Black" work ?

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');