• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NXT Tire Cleaner G-12515 ~ Review ~ Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NXT Tire Cleaner G-12515 ~ Review ~ Update

I cracked open my can of NXT Tire Cleaner today and here are my thoughts.

First Impressions:
    Its packaged in a aerosol can dressed up to match the NXT line... Directions are easy to follow. Says it will leave tires looking new and natural.

Application/Use:
    On one tire, I sprayed the product directly on on the tire and let it set for 30 seconds and hosed off. The other three I sprayed the product directly on on the tire then scrubbed with Versa-Angle Tire Brush.

Here is my Versa-Angle Tire Brush.

End Results:
    On the tire I used the tire cleaner alone it did an OK job, the water still wanted to bead up on the tire as though there was some Endurance still on the tire. It did clean the tire but still could use a little more cleaning.

Now on the three tires that I used the tire cleaner and the tire brush the tires cleaned up very well with this combo.

The strange thing that I found was the tires had some browning, the can states that it removes browning. I tired it a second time on one tire to try and remove the browning with no luck, the browning was still present. The browning was presant on all tires but less noticable on the one I did not use the tire brush on. Could this be from the Endurance or the NXT Tire Cleaner?

Here is the browning:

Overall Impression:
    This is a product really does a very good job cleaning the tires removed my old caked on endurance, dirt and so on.

When spraying the product on the tire, it tends to blow around and get on your vehicle not a big deal if you are in the middle of a wash.

Here is a shot of the end results with Endurance reapplied:

Using Boss_429's scale its easier to break down more so... On a scale of 1-10 (10 being best) I give the tire cleaner a 6 mainly due to the browning, I was hoping for black tires and leave the "natural" look. I will say that it is nice to use and remove the build up of tire dressing that I get.

Brandon
    Last edited by gb387; May 5, 2005, 05:05 PM.
    Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
    Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

I had a chance to give this a try on my gf's car...

The results were different here... In this case there was NO browing what so ever, the results were great! I really liked the look and the tires were rather dirty.

I used the same application process with both tires spray it on let it set for 15 seconds the scrud with the Tire Brush for 15 seconds then hose off...

I am not to sure why my tires would brown and my gf's didn't!?!? Could it be the rubber in the tire? The Endurance that I use? Who knows? All I know the proof is in the pictures, anyone else experience this?

Brandon

Comment

I run into the browning on my moms car whenever I do hers but not on mine or the wifes. just like the dressing, my moms tire will soak up high gloss endurance that after sitting for half an hour or so you can't really tell a "high gloss" dressing was applied and thats with out a wipe down. must just be certain tires. which endurance is that on your tire?
      2019 GMC Sierra
      1500 AT4

Comment

The brown that you see is the anti-ozonants in the tire, and the amount will vary from tire to tire. The brown doesn't bother me, I did have it also on my BFG KDWS tires. I am not after the satin look, so if I go through the effort of cleaning my tires, you can bet that I'm going to apply some Insane Shine Tire Coating as my nexgt step. It is my all time favorite tire product!

For me, the tire cleaner seemed to work just as well, maybe even better, when sprayed on and hosed off after 30 seconds, better than using the brush. Maybe on some tires, the brushing brings the anti-ozonants to the surface and increases the browning effect.

RamAirV1
        Last edited by RamAirV1; May 7, 2005, 08:47 AM.
        2015 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack 392Granite Crystal
        2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

2000... I like the High Gloss, I have found it kind of flexible. Apply it an leave it alone or wipe down and tame the gloss a little.

RamAirV1...
          Maybe on some tires, the brushing brings the anti-ozonants to the surface and increases the browning effect.
          That may be!?!?
          Brandon

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');