• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Swirl Mystery Solved

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swirl Mystery Solved

As many of you know, I have been fighting a losing battle with what I thought was swirl marks on the re-painted hood of our Polo Green Corvette. At a Corvette event this past weekend I had the opportunity to discuss this with a Meguiar's rep and a painter. They both inspected the paint (repainted area and factory paint), and both came up with the same explanation. When the hood was re-painted the primer was not sanded smooth or flat, so when the base coat was sprayed on the metallic particles settled into the sanding marks on edge rather than lying flat. So now the light reflects off the edges of the metallic which looks like millions of fine lines in the paint.

It makes me feel a little better knowing that it's not something I'm doing wrong creating these lines. But I guess I won't be expecting any "Best Paint" awards.

Interesting.

I can remember you posting this on both ShowCarGarage, and her on MOL and many people trying their best to help you. I'm glad you have finally found the root cause.
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

I don't know if I would be happy or upset about that. On one hand, you know you didn't cause it, but on the other you know you can't fix it. Tough break.

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');