Thread: D115 Rinse Free Express Wash & Wax Review

D115 Rinse Free Express Wash & Wax Review

Alright, so I finally got around to using this stuff tonight to clean up my work truck (98 Black Ford Explorer, so nothing special, but recently clayed at waxed). To be short, it was awesome. I felt like it did exactly what I was hoping and wanting it to. My truck wasn't too dirty, but it worked almost exactly like UW&WA, which is what I was hoping for. I felt like I didn't have to use a ton of product, maybe even a little less than UW&WA, and it easily pulled off the light dirt that was on the truck. I used it on the windows as well and it didn't seem to streak at all (I'll update if it did once I drive it in the sun). It was actually very effective at getting a couple of bugs off the front window too, and I didn't have any type of wax or anything on my window.

I used it at a 6:1 ratio and felt really good about the product and results. At this dilution, it would make 7 gallons; so, for the price comparison to UW&WA at this dilution:

One 26 ounce bottle of UW&WA is $13 or $0.50 per fluid ounce. This equals $16 for a 32 oz bottle

One gallon of RFEW&W is $55, which at a 6:1 ratio creating 7 gallons (896 oz) it's just over $0.06 per fluid ounce. This equals $1.92 for a 32 oz bottle

In my view, this stuff works very comparable to UW&WA (I couldn't really tell any difference) yet is over $14 cheaper for every 32 oz bottle (at this dilution ratio - supposedly it could be diluted up to 20:1!!!!). Simply Awesome!!! Not sure if I'll find a reason to buy UW&WA any more unfortunately but I guess that's a good thing.

Nice work on this Megs, awesome product for us heavy users of a waterless wash and wax.

BTW prices that I got are what were currently on ADS.
    www.dynamicmobiledetailing.com
    Doors of opportunity don't open, they unlock; it is up to you to turn the knob.

Re: D115 Rinse Free Express Wash & Wax Review

Thanks for the review!

D115 will be on my next order...
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueline View Post
    I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Meguiar's Nutty detailer STRIFE's Avatar

Wow, great info here...I guess I'm going to do a lil experimenting with my gallon of D115.
    I have 6 full bottles of UWWA...looking forward to using and comparing D115 at 4:1, 6:1....maybe even 10:1
    "STRIFE" aka Phil
    2005 Infiniti G35 Coupe (IP/ aka White) the Toy
    2011 Subaru Impreza (SWP/ aka White) the DD
    2003 Mazda MPV LX (Metalic Green) (wifey's)

Good info. I will definitely look into this as I did like UW&WA.
    99 Grand Prix
    02 Camaro SS

Meguiar's Nutty detailer STRIFE's Avatar

Just washed my car again with UWWA, used up a 1/3 of the bottle, great job....BUT

Has anyone else noticed D115 at 4:1 is slightly slicker than UWWA? It's my opinion but just wondering if anyone else noticed this
    "STRIFE" aka Phil
    2005 Infiniti G35 Coupe (IP/ aka White) the Toy
    2011 Subaru Impreza (SWP/ aka White) the DD
    2003 Mazda MPV LX (Metalic Green) (wifey's)

Quote Originally Posted by STRIFE View Post
    Just washed my car again with UWWA, used up a 1/3 of the bottle, great job....BUT

Has anyone else noticed D115 at 4:1 is slightly slicker than UWWA? It's my opinion but just wondering if anyone else noticed this
    UWWA is very slick, so if the D115 is better that is impressive! How good is the D115 at removing tree sap mist? That is one area where I find UWWA lacking. It beats all the other rinseless washes I've tried when it comes to gloss and slickness though.

RamAirV1
    2012 Dodge Charger R/T Tungsten
    2006 GTO Impulse Blue
    Paint Protection by #21 V2.0

Thread Information