• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meguiars synthetic sealant vs meguiars ultimate liquid wax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meguiars synthetic sealant vs meguiars ultimate liquid wax

Debating between the two. Searched but didn't find anything

Pros and cons of each or one versus the other. Cost being irrelevant.
    Which one and why, etc

Or, something better

Re: Meguiars synthetic sealant vs meguiars ultimate liquid wax

Well one is a wax and the other is a synthetic sealant.
    It's up to you what you want to use.
    Me? I love synthetics, M20 is my goto.

In my van I have over 8 different waxes/sealants. Different paint/conditions/storage is what determines what I use.

So it's up to you what to use. Try them out and see what you like.

DetailingByM.com

Comment

Difference between m20 and m21? I do prefer fully synthetic

Comment

21 has more cleaning power

DetailingByM.com

Comment

M21/NXT 2.0 and Ultimate Liquid wax are 100% sealants, no wax in either one of them. M20 is a blend of synthetics and some natural substances. M20 is a light cleaner hybrid, M21 is a finishing sealant, no cleaning abilities.

Ultimate Liquid Wax is the most durable, best protecting of the group according to Meguiars.

Comment

m21 is a cleaner.
            where did you get that it isn't?

DetailingByM.com

Comment

Checking Meguiars site, they don't have either NXT 2.0, or M21 listed under cleaner waxes, but do list the consumer Cleaner wax, M6, M66, D151, ColorX, White Wax, Black Wax and M20

Comment

m21 is a cleaner.

DetailingByM.com

Comment

Originally posted by RPPM View Post
                  Checking Meguiars site, they don't have either NXT 2.0, or M21 listed under cleaner waxes, but do list the consumer Cleaner wax, M6, M66, D151, ColorX, White Wax, Black Wax and M20

M21 from Pro 2013 Catalog:
                  Hydrophobic Polymer Technologyprovides amazing gloss and water beading
                  Technologically Advanced Paint Care and Protection
                  Produces a noticeable deeper, darker, more reflective paint finish
                  Visually eliminates fine scratches and swirls, creating a flawless finish
                  Glides on easily with a smooth, resistance-free wipe-off
                  2018 Acura RLX Tech - Majestic Black Pearl

Comment

I think the Visually eliminates fine scratches and swirls refers to the filling/hiding capabilities, I'm pretty sure it won't remove them. It may have actual cleaners, I don't know, I am just going by what Meguars has listed. If Mario says it cleans from 1st hand use, I have no reason to doubt him.

Comment

Agreed
                      2018 Acura RLX Tech - Majestic Black Pearl

Comment

Aren't there three general categories of waxes?
                        Natural
                        Hybrid
                        Synthetic

Natural containing a naturally occurring plant wax such as carnauba or similar
                        Synthetic being primarily a man made compound
                        Hybrid a mix of those two

Aren't M21 and Ultimate both synthetic waxes with Ultimate having better longevity?

"fishing for swirls in a sea of black"
                        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                        David

Comment

Yeah. I get the two being basically the same. But the ultimate liquid having better availability in local stores.

Comment

I always thought that M20 was the one that had cleaning abilities and M21 was a pure sealant, but I could be wrong. I love 21, and the way it tops a car, but was kinda along the same lines as others that it fills more than it cleans.

Just my personal opinion, so take it for what's it worth, (which probably isn't a whole a lot)
                            Dynamic Detailing

Website | Instagram | Facebook

Comment

according to meguiars or specifically meguiarsdirect, you will find M20 Polymer Sealant under cleaner waxes, description is as follows: Polymer Sealant is a unique blend of polymers, silicones and imported waxes that create a brilliant high gloss finish that outlasts all other traditional waxes.
                              Safe and effective on all paint finishes, including clear coats. Ok , no mention of cleaners in the product description but it is under the cleaner wax category in meguiarsdirect, under cleaner waxes. Under waxes and sealants, you will find M26 yellow wax and M21 synthetic sealant 2.0

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');