• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DA Power System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DA Power System

Hello to all,

I'm new at detailing so I don't have experience.
    I have an DA Power System tool, but I didn't used yet cause I need to get right informations.
    The question that I didn't find an answer yet is :

What's the speed of using DA Power System tool, for compound/polish/wax also what about the presure should I do on the car while doing each step ?
    All drill's are a little different so I have a cordless drill, a good one but not so powerfull & speedy like the cord drill.
    The cord drill it's more speedy than my cordless.
    DA Power System tool comes with his pad but I don't know if it's the same pad that is used to polish ?

So wich is better to use the cord drill or cordless ? I don't want to do something wrong to my paint using wrong speed/power or presure.
    What you suggest?

Thank you very much.

King Regards,

Re: DA Power System

The cordless drill is probably ok for waxing, but may not be enough if you are planning to remove swirls, other defects.

You really dont need to worry about the speed... you'll want it somewhere near the 3/4 - full speed of the drill, depending on the model. Or at least holding the button around 3/4 or so.

You want to put a fair amount of pressure for defect removal, kind of as if you were leaning onto it, so the drill is working a bit, not spinning freely. Dont need as much pressure/speed if just polishing and waxing.

The yellow pad is used for polishing. The red pad would be for stronger cleaning/swirl removal, and the black pad for waxing.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Yes Sir !

Thank you so much for reply.
      I was looking for your answer and now I understand.

Thanks again !!!

Comment

Well, this is the third time I'm posting this. Did everyone buy a DAPS this weekend? lol.
        Meguiar's recommends at least 2500 RPM of a drill. This is because the counterweight will slow down so you'll need enough power to compensate reduction of speed.

Thursday I'll be at Meg's and I'm bringing my DeWalt CD to do this test for more then one person.
        I'll post my results asap.

DetailingByM.com

Comment

i went out and got the DA Power System last week. haven't had a good chance to try any defect removal. i did the hood of my car w/ UC, UP, and some wax. wasn't sure if i was doing it correctly. do you have to clean the pads often with the DA? i was applying moderate pressure w/ the UC, then increasingly less (that's an oxymoron) pressure w/ the UP and then no pressure with the wax.

Comment

That all sound fine. You'll get the hang of it as you do more details.
            I like to push a little when waxing to "work" the wax into the paint.
            Waxing with a light touch doesn't make sense to me. I want the wax "in" the paint. Make sense?

Compounding: Needs pressure and heat to remove paint defects.
            Polish: Less pressure to get a good flat surface and hence good reflection.
            Wax: Light pressure just to apply and get in the paint.

DetailingByM.com

Comment

Clean pads help for the defect removal.

May want to have a couple if doing the whole car at once.

And a terry towel to squeeze/ spin the pad into as you go.

Comment

great, thanks guys for the tips!

Comment

Also guys, what do you think is better between Ultimate Polish vs Swirl Free Polish or Swirl Remover 2.0 ( from professional )

I really don't know what is better to use on my DA Power System. I already have Ultimate Polish(but I didn't use yet), I would like to know if is better with Swirl Free Polish/Swirl Remover 2.0?
                  My reason is to remove light swirls from automatic washing/improper washing if it's possible without cutting too much like Ultimate Compound, I prefer to let the compound and other agressive products for next year and to be done by an pro detailer.
                  Main problem of my car is the swirls, a lot of spider's web and now when is summer and the sun is up, my black paint on my BMW X3 2005 is lookin' like...you know.
                  I don't know if the Ultimate Polish will do the same job as Swirl Free or Swirl Remover 2.0...
                  Also is safe to use as Ultimate Polish the Swirl Free/Swirl Remover 2.0?

Comment

#205 would be fractionally stronger.

Both are mild though.... wouldnt have huge expectations for mild products.

Comment

Ok I tried out the DAPS on my DeWalt cordless drill.
                      It has 1700 RPMs and it worked fine.
                      But your going to need more then one battery if you want to do more then just a spot.

DetailingByM.com

Comment

Thanks for reply.
                        Did you only 1 spot with the cordless drill ? I have only 2 batteries...
                        Oh, then I will use an cord drill better.
                        What have you done with the cordless drill ???

Comment

I only had a few minutes to work with it.
                          I only wanted to see if the buffer would spin correctly and it did even when I pushed as hard as I could.
                          So it's fine to use with a cordless.
                          I don't own one I used Meguiar's at there shop.

DetailingByM.com

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');