• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

White Wax on a non white car? Headlight Sanding? And Engine polish?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• White Wax on a non white car? Headlight Sanding? And Engine polish?

I just joined. Fellow enthusiast. So my DD has a Ruby Red Pearl. See here.VVVVVVVv

My paint is in relatively good nick. I have gloss, shine. Minor swirl, but don't have access to a DA. I clayed about a week ago. But since I don't want to use my previous products. I'd like to get some meguiars.

A detailer told me the White Wax would be good on my pearl. I haven't seen anyone use it on other colors. Also. Question two. I need to sand and polish my lights. I have HID projectors, so I can't just replace the lamp like I always would. They aren't oxidized but they do have a bit of haze. Seen on the left lamp.
    I want supreme HID output. hence the polish. Would I need the heavy resto kit, or the one step?

Third question. Best degreaser and polish for Engines?

Re: White Wax on a non white car? Headlight Sanding? And Engine polish?

1. Yes you can use White Wax on any color... it is just a medium/strong cleaner/wax.

2. You might start with some well worked in White Wax....

3. Not sure, I just wipe around with a damp towel a little...
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Any other good waxes? Since the white wax is a cleaner as well, It may remove some swirl. but can it all be done by hand?

Comment

Removing swirls by hand is pretty hard... I wouldn't plan on it by hand with a cleaner/wax.

Ult. Compound would be the thing to use by hand in most cases.
        2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

I love Meg's NXT liquid wax, let me say it again, I love it
          let it sit for 20 minutes after applying, not only do you get this great, deep gloss but it's also a sealant.
          A bottle goes a longggggggggggg way because a little is better than more

Comment

Well I don't think i want to seal right now, until i remove most of the swirl.

Comment

Originally posted by simkid5614 View Post
              Well I don't think i want to seal right now, until i remove most of the swirl.
              You always want to wax. Keeps the clearcoat protected.

You cant remove all your swirls by hand unfortunately, I tried for several years... finally gave up and got a polisher. My wrists will forever hurt

Comment

I picked up the white wax, and the heavy duty resto kit. I'll post before and afters.

Comment

My HID's do look better, Went and did the rolla too.

Comment

So the white wax is great. Have fun looking at my DD swirl.

Loving it.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');