• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Review: 3D Carpet and Upholstery Shampoo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Review: 3D Carpet and Upholstery Shampoo

So I received my 16oz bottle of the Carpet Shampoo on Wednesday. I had an interior detail on a 2003 Sequioa on Thursday, perfect timing! I really wanted to try this product because of Tuck91 on MOL. I have been following his posts for a few years now and he has had some amazing transformations with this shampoo.

From the directions on the website and the bottle it suggests to dilute 1-2oz into a gallon of water and use a blast of water to create the suds which do all the work. I decided to just put the shampoo in an old Bath and Bodyworks foaming pump hand soap bottle. I had to fill up this small bottle twice during this detail. I used the whole bottle to do the rear carpet under the 3rd row and another bottle to do all the carpet mats. I don't know if that was an excessive amount but I only put about .25-.5 oz in the small soap dispenser.

My process for cleaning the carpets was using my Metro Vac n Blo full size to vacuum all carpets first, my GG 3" with a white carpet brush to agitate the fibers and vacuum again. I then sprayed the foam directly to 2 x 2 areas and agitated it into the carpet with the GG and white brush. I only agitated with the GG for about 90 sec in the whole area. I then used white terry towels from costco to wipe the area dry until no more transfer to the towels.

I took a few pictures of some 50/50s

This is just one of the floor mats. I think you can see which side is clean.

Lower portion has been cleaned.

This is the small bottle I used for the suds

I like the smell of this product. The interior of the truck had a nice scent when I was done with it. I hope to get to use it some more soon. I'm glad I had the chance to use it on lighter colored carpets the first time. I will be buying more once this bottle is empty!
    Fergy-

You're only as good as your last detail

I use that same brush on my gg3 and I can't get it off now lol
    If you like my work please like my FB page
    https://www.facebook.com/Ultimatecardetailingoc

Comment

Re: Review: 3D Carpet and Upholstery Shampoo

I had the same problem at first. All I can say is put a lot of *** in it. I thought I was going to need to buy another 3" GG lol.
      Fergy-

You're only as good as your last detail

Comment

Re: Review: 3D Carpet and Upholstery Shampoo

looks like it worked pretty good!

id be curious if it is extractor freindly....

Comment

Originally posted by MrCLRider:533251
          I had the same problem at first. All I can say is put a lot of *** in it. I thought I was going to need to buy another 3" GG lol.
          I ended up buying another one, I gave up. But I still need to change out the brushes cause wh3n its filthy it'll transfer the dirt. No matter how much I clean the brush with apc, it'll never be clean ad new
          If you like my work please like my FB page
          https://www.facebook.com/Ultimatecardetailingoc

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');