• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tips Required without a DA Polisher

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tips Required without a DA Polisher

deall all...i wanted to know what is the best technique to do detailing if i do not have a polisher machine... hands only...like i have applied ultimate polish with my hand using a soft application pad but it didnt do wonders for me... i can barely see any difference in the dark paint...do i have to be abit more aggressive with the circular motion while applying UP with a application pad

secondly i applied Ultimate paste wax after the polish. that also was without a polisher.bare hands. i found it useful... is there any technique or any tip ???

Re: Tips Required without a DA Polisher

Did you use a clay bar to remove surface contaminents prior to the polish application? Are you attempting to remove minor scratches? The next time you polish, try a foam applicator pad, I have found they work better for wax and polish application when compared to micro fiber (MF) applicators.

Comment

What is the condition of the car and what type of defects you are trying to improve?
      2012 Acura CBP TL SH-AWD Tech

Comment

well yes i did clay the car first...managed to remove alot of contaminents..well yes basically i wanted to remove the very fine swirlls that have started to develop...i was expecting if by hand i am unable to remove them atleast ill be able to fill them up withthe polish...and yes i used those yellow applicator pads..the onez that come with #26 yellow paste wax...

Comment

Originally posted by C8N View Post
          What is the condition of the car and what type of defects you are trying to improve?
          i am trying to remove the fine swrills that have started..the condition of the paint is quite good..no major issues... just minor swrills that happened due to dry dusting...i was expecting UP to fill it but i do not think that can be done when using hands...

Comment

Well, certainly you would want to check your technique, apply with some more passion, pressure, speed, etc.

It is usually best to just focus on a panel, or small area, until you get the process right, before doing the whole car.

But working by hand can make things a bit milder/slower than working by machine, so you may need to need to a stronger product like Ult. Compound.
            2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Murr1525 View Post
              Well, certainly you would want to check your technique, apply with some more passion, pressure, speed, etc.

It is usually best to just focus on a panel, or small area, until you get the process right, before doing the whole car.

But working by hand can make things a bit milder/slower than working by machine, so you may need to need to a stronger product like Ult. Compound.
              the reason im hesitant in using ult compound is i do not want to use any cutting compound which may cut the clear coat...i wanted something mild so even if i do something wronge wont have a big issue..thts y i went for ultimate polish and maybe thts the reason the result didnt turn out as i expected....

Comment

Swirls/scratches are low points in the clear coat.

So in order to remove them, you have to level out the surrounding area, removing some clear coat.

You can certainly try again, and just do a panel with the milder product, and see if results are better with more experience before moving on.
                2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');