• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

White Marks on Black Plastic.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• White Marks on Black Plastic.

Some time ago when I was polishing my SS Commodore (an Australian car) I was a little careless and got some polish or wax on the black plastic areas. This left white marks on these surfaces.

I use Meguiars Trim Detailer to get rid of the marks but they return after every 3rd or 4th wash. The upside is that, as I wash my car weekly, I have to keep re-applying Trim Detailer once a month so the black plastic always looks as good as new.

Is there a way to permanently get rid of these marks?

Thanks.

Regards,

Steve

Try giving them a thurough cleaning either with #39 or try some all purpose cleaner. Then apply the trim dressing. I run into the same problem with the door handles on my Vette. That seems to help.

Comment

I spray some EXTRA All Surface Cleaner onto a damp microfiber cloth and rub away the white mark on the black plastic trim. It helps.
      zey's detailing photography blog

Comment

Hey,

I too would agree (with Lt1Corvette) that using #39 with a toothbrush and then topping with GC Trim Detailer should do the job!

Cheers!

Tim
        Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Thanks guys, I'll give it a shot.

Regards,

Steve

Comment

#39 is the best solution for these kind of problems IMO.......Has been for me anyway.
            r. b.

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');