• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have to chuckle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have to chuckle

I'm a newbie in every sense of the word when it comes to detailing. I just found out what clay was about a month ago. Since then I've been delving into MOL and gleening from everyone (TY!).

But anyway, due to logistical challenges, my wife has to drive the object of my obsession to and from work. mind you I have only clayed the paint and swirl-x'd some major scratches - i haven't had a chance to do a full on detail (or the shoulder muscles) but she has received multiple comments, from HER friends, about the paint - "oh, did you guys just get your car painted?" and from some people who you would never imagine would even notice. so funny, we chuckle everytime she comes home with a new compliment to share....

people sort of look at you sideways when the see the armful of Meg's products in your garage or whatever...but I'm telling you...the difference is noticeable!

Thanks!

Re: Have to chuckle

I think thats one of the aspects that makes this hobby such an addiction.
    I love that expression on passerby's faces that basically says... "what the hell did he do to that car?"

I took my car to get it tinted couple of weeks ago and the dude basically said, "How am I supposed to work on your car? I am afraid to touch it!"
    2012 Acura CBP TL SH-AWD Tech

Comment

When I mention claying a vehicle they look at me funny. Saying your gonna use clay on your paint. I tell them it's clay for your vehicles paint to remove contamination and other materials left behind.

Comment

Re: Have to chuckle

Claying is one of the most rewarding steps in detailing, it's one thing to have a nice,waxed vehicle, quite another to have the paint feel like silk after you wax.

Comment

once you start you telling like a pro, people will say "do you have special paint on your car?"
          that's the one that I get.

DetailingByM.com

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');