• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

faux leather care

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• faux leather care

hello everybody I am wondering which product would be good for faux Leather Care. would standard leather cleaner and conditioner work I am getting my bench seat in my truck re upholstered so I want something to maintain it and keep it looking good throughout the years. thank you in advance.

Re: faux leather care

I have found that normal leather care products work fine, and so do vinyl cleaners/dressings.
    Originally posted by Blueline
    I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

Ok thats cool Thank you.

Comment

Treat it as you would vinyl. So any interior dressing would be fine.

DetailingByM.com

Comment

I think vinyl cleaners are not good and in the market there are lot of products available for leather care and in my opinion to use the reputed leather magic cleaner and protectant.
          [COLOR=#000000][FONT=arial][url=http://www.unitedcarcare.com.au/services/trailer-repairs.php]We

Comment

Originally posted by tonyscott:533816
            I think vinyl cleaners are not good and in the market there are lot of products available for leather care and in my opinion to use the reputed leather magic cleaner and protectant.
            vinyl cleaners are no good?
            what do you base your opinion on?
            you don't need to waste money on leather cleaner/ treatment for vinyl.

DetailingByM.com

Comment

Exactly right on. He did specify faux leather, which means vinyl. There is no need to use a "conditioner" on vinyl. Any of the vinyl cleaners or interior detail products will be the products to use
              Barry

Comment

Originally posted by Poki View Post
                Exactly right on. He did specify faux leather, which means vinyl. There is no need to use a "conditioner" on vinyl. Any of the vinyl cleaners or interior detail products will be the products to use

Would it not make sense to use a conditioner to prevent the vinyl (leatherette) from cracking with age?

Comment

Originally posted by spdracer View Post
                  Would it not make sense to use a conditioner to prevent the vinyl (leatherette) from cracking with age?
                  Auto leather is finished leather, which basically has a vinyl coating. Nothing penetrates the coating, and nothing will prevent it from eventually cracking. Vinyl or auto leather, it doesn't matter.. Leather conditioners work only on unfinished leather like horse saddles, etc. when the conditioner is absorbed into the leather to keep it from cracking. Finished auto leather and vinyl cannot absorb anything.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');