• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Renegade Toterhome detail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Renegade Toterhome detail

I am in need of some help with an upcoming detail of mine. I was wondering if anyone had any tips or tricks on detailing a renegade motor home and trailer. The motor home is around a 25' tractor and the trailer is around a 40' trailer double stack. Ive detailed trailers before but nothing this big and was hoping I could get some advice. The owner asked me to wash buff and wax it. It is in very good shape just needs some shining up before the teams next race. I'm not sure if buffing will be necessary but that is what the owner asked for. Ill look at it and talk with him when I get there. Either way I need advice on how I should go about the whole thing. Should I use a pressure washer for the wash or do it all by hand? I will have 2-3 guys with buffers for buffing and waxing. Also I have no clue how to go about charging for this job. 15-20 dollars a foot? so if the toter is 25 feet and the trailer is 40 feet charge somewhere around $1300? Would this be reasonable? Of course this all depends on the overall condition but last time I saw it which was a few months ago it looked pretty good. And as always I wont quote anything until I'm there to see it again in person. I just need some kind of ball park number going in. Also is there any special kind of soap/degreaser that I should be using for this? or will typically hyper wash work fine?

Also the attached images are of a similar truck and trailer not the actual one I will be detailing. It is just to give everyone an idea on the size and scope of this project.

Thanks for any help you all can give me before going into this project. It is greatly appreciated.
    Brian

Re: Renegade Toterhome detail

I charge around 17-20 a foot for wash, cleaner wax, rims and tires.
    20 if you have to do the cab and polish the rims, a little polish.
    NO buffing just use a cleaner wax or sealant M66 or M20, both of these work great.
    and that looks like a 2 day job with 2 people. 1 day if you have 4 people working on it.

DetailingByM.com

Comment

Re: Renegade Toterhome detail

I do a few of these for race teams. I would use a DA polisher with M66 (M66 is your best friend on these things). It looks like its in pretty decent shape so I would say you are in the correct price range. I did a 40' trailer last year just like this, it took myself and 2 other guys 2 full days to complete. It was in worse shape though. Hope this helps.
      Dr. Detail: I am the detail genius from the movie "Shine."
      Guard: And your name is...?
      Dr. Detail: Uhh... Shiney McShine.

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');