• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Rotary Buffer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Rotary Buffer

I have heard that there is a new brand rotary buffer (Not PC, DeWalt or Makita) out there that is suppose to vibrate less than the other brands above. Does anybody know where I can look this tool up opr the Brand name?

Thank you!
    wjfm1
    2003 G35 Coupe

That's the one Rod Kraft had on Saturday? I saw it on Sunday. The name begins with a "D" is all I know. It's a very comfortable tool.

Tom
    As the light changed from red to green to yellow and back to red again, I sat there thinking about life. Was it nothing more than a bunch of honking and yelling? Sometimes it seemed that way.

Comment

I heard about it on Saturday, but did not see it.
      wjfm1
      2003 G35 Coupe

Comment

Hey Guys

The tool you are speaking of is mfg'd by Dynabrade. I have been polishing for 15 years and can say it is the best polisher I have used. It seems to be lighter and quieter than Dewalt, does not have the delayed speed control that Makita has, and is mfg. by a very respected mfg in the PBE business. Don't currently have the part number but will get it to you when I get the chance

It is sweet!!!
        Do it right the first time

Comment

Is this it.
          2019 GMC Sierra
          1500 AT4

Comment

No, that is a pneumatic polisher. I checked their website and surprisingly, they do not have it online. I promise to get you the info today.
            Jeff
            Do it right the first time

Comment

I would be interested in this also.

It's important to always be open to new ideas, new products and new procedures, and this tool sounds interesting.

Just to hammer this down, are we talking about a dual action polisher, or a rotary buffer? From the description it sounds like a dual action polisher because rotary buffers don't really vibrate unless your pad isn't centered.
              Mike Phillips
              760-515-0444
              showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

It is a rotary buffer. Not a random.
                wjfm1
                2003 G35 Coupe

Comment

I have checked the website and googled it. Cannot find the electric polisher!
                  wjfm1
                  2003 G35 Coupe

Comment

It is a Dynabrade.
                    I am a Dynabrade distributor and can order them for anyone interested.
                    E-mail or send me a PM for more info and the price.

Mark at Pal Automotive

Comment

just so I under stand what it is where talking about..does it work like the mikta that they're talking about here ?
                      2019 GMC Sierra
                      1500 AT4

Comment

just so I under stand what it is where talking about..does it work like the mikta that they're talking about here ?

No, different machine. That Makita is a dual mode machine. Turn the switch one way it acts like the Porter Cable DA, turn the switch the other way and it's a forced rotation orbital. Great buffer though.

The Dynabrade machine we are talking about is a true roatary buffer.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
                          Just to hammer this down, are we talking about a dual action polisher, or a rotary buffer? From the description it sounds like a dual action polisher because rotary buffers don't really vibrate unless your pad isn't centered.
                          As Mike stated rotary buffers typically aren't known to "vibrate" unless the pad isn't centered or is saturated on one side. I too would like a little clarification on this.
                          *No Applause, Just Throw Money!*

Comment

I used the tool on Sunday, it's a lightweight, very powerful, very quiet and very smooth rotary buffer. I think what is meant by "less vibration" is "more energy transferred to rotation, less to the hands".

I don't really have any experience to compare it to so I can't verify how it is in comparison, but I will say that the machine lets you feel very directly the pad's action on the paint. It has a very natural feel, it is well designed.

Tom
                            As the light changed from red to green to yellow and back to red again, I sat there thinking about life. Was it nothing more than a bunch of honking and yelling? Sometimes it seemed that way.

Comment

I would like to see a comparison between this machine and the metabo rotary. I think the metabo is in a league of it's own.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');