• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

White wax on White Pearl paint?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• White wax on White Pearl paint?

How well or how much of a difference would you expect the White Wax to do on a pearl paint. Below is a car I did 3 years ago and she just called to make another booking for this coming weekend. I thought her car would be great to try it since I haven't tried it yet.

Suggestions on yellow or black pad with DA?

Polish after the nanoskin pad then do the WW, or go straight to the WW since it has a cleaner/polish ability built in?

Top off with another like NXT or leave it alone?

She loved the job I did 3 years ago said she couldn't wait to have me do it again. I love return customers who appreciate my work. I know we all do. I'll be able to do an even nicer job since I have the DA now. I use an old craftsman orbital years ago with of course Meg's cleaners. Just don't remember which ones.

Below is the car I'm doing again. This was done May 22, 2010.

This is after the detail then.

Show N Shine Car Detailing - Quality Care, Each and Every Time

Re: White wax on White Pearl paint?

There is really nothing specific about the color, it just the name.

Really it is just a medium/strong cleaner wax.

So if the paint needs it, then it will help. If the paint doesn't need it, it wont.

Or if you were going to do separate steps, then it isn't really needed at all.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Can i ask... how is the cut compare to ultimate compound. My car boot was respray 3 months back. It has very soft paint. And i am only able to achieve slight marring with ultimate compound with black pad.

If white wax cuts less i might consider getting it to have a perfect swirl free surface.

Comment

Yes use WW on a yellow pad.
        it has very good cleaning properties.
        the problem with white paint is it shows all the dirt that's embedded and into it. take a closer look at the door jams in any forward facing cracks.
        you'll see the yellow dirt that is embedded into it.
        white wax is an excellent AIO that cleans and waxes all in one step.

DetailingByM.com

Comment

Originally posted by Show 'N' Shine Car Detailing View Post
          Polish after the nanoskin pad then do the WW, or go straight to the WW since it has a cleaner/polish ability built in?

Top off with another like NXT or leave it alone?
          It really depends on how far you want to go and the condition of the paint.

You can apply compound/polish, then WW. Or if the condition isn't too bad / you don't have time / it's not in her budget etc, you could go straight to WW after the Nanoskin.

Similarly, you could call it a day after the WW, or you could apply NXT wax on top if you want the extra protection / have time etc.
          Originally posted by Blueline
          I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

Well, White Wax is milder than UC.

But other things are too. Black Wax, ColorX, #66, #80, #205, Ult. Polish, SwirlX, etc are all milder than UC.

Comment

When I got this last time it was full of road tar. Nice black tar all over the front end and rocker panels. LOVED IT, lol

Comment

Originally posted by wesleyoh View Post
                Can i ask... how is the cut compare to ultimate compound. My car boot was respray 3 months back. It has very soft paint. And i am only able to achieve slight marring with ultimate compound with black pad.

If white wax cuts less i might consider getting it to have a perfect swirl free surface.
                Have you tried a product like UP and/or SwirlX? They would be the next step down from UC if your paint is soft.

If the above are still too agressive for your paint, then you could go to an AIO like WW, yes.
                Originally posted by Blueline
                I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

Im so sorrym.. what i meant is i used ultimate polish with black pad.. not uc .. sorry for the confusion

Comment

Up with black pad was good but just left a little marring.

Comment

I may pick the Black wax or ColorX maybe....White may be close to or stronger than UP.

Comment

well this is only a polish and wax. There is no compounding to be done or at least not being paid for. So I figured I'd either do the ultimate polish followed by NXT or the Ultimate Wax. or do the WW only since as mentioned is more an AIO product. She was extremely happy with my job last time, and I want to make it even better if I can, lol. She actually takes care of the car pretty well. Although, I have not seen it or the condition of the paint since I did it last time. This paint is really weird when up close to it. Doesn't have that gloss to it. That's why I was wondering what I could do to bring out a gloss. Maybe I'll do a couple trials on the up and ulw on a partial section and the WW on the other half of that section to see if I see a difference. If not, then I'll stick with the 1 step for sure. No sense it doing 2 steps if I can get the same results with 1 step. Plus that will save time.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');