• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NXT Glass Cleaner G-13324 + Duo-Fiber Towel X-2060 ~ Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NXT Glass Cleaner G-13324 + Duo-Fiber Towel X-2060 ~ Review

I have been using NXT Glass Cleaner for a couple weeks now and I can't believe how well it works. Now I had a chance to use it with Meguiars Duo-Fiber Glass Towel.

First Impressions:
    Well the NXT Glass Cleaner is packaged in a clear NXT line bottle to show off the clear liquid. I like the "comfort grip" trigger (rubber covered) very nice!

It has a light smell thats real easy on the nose.

As for the Duo-Fiber Glass Towel it too (like the rest of Meguiars new towels) is packaged in a cardboard sleeve.

It looks like a "Duo-Fiber" towel, kind of a cross between a 100% cotton terry towel and a microfiber. Its not the softest of Meguiars towels, I guess its for glass so there is no need for super soft. I really like the edge thats on all Meguiars new towels.

Application/Use:
    I spray the glass cleaner directly on the windows then wipe down with the duo-fiber towel. Just two or three passes and you are done.

End Results:
    The combo leaves a clear streak/haze free windows. This Glass Cleaner is a step above Invisible Glass (IG WAS #1 on my list), I have found IG is temperamental and hard to get good results at times leaving a haze... where so far my NXT works the same each and every time (used it about a dozen times now) leaving crystal clear glass.

Having used the Glass Cleaner with both a 100% cotton towel (walmart kind) and the duo-fiber towel; I have found it hard to tell the difference in look of the glass after you are done (over the Duo-Fiber towel). The Duo-Fiber may spread the product a little better.

For my trucks windows the duo-fiber towel is more than large enough to do the job. You might be able to do a school bus with just one of these towels alone. I am use to a small cotton towel.

Overall Impression:
    The Duo-Fiber Glass Towel and NXT Glass Cleaner is a great combo well worth the asking price, towel 4.99 and glass cleaner 4.99 for 24oz!

The glass cleaner works very well with just a 100% cotton towel with maybe just a slight edge to the Duo-Fiber. I like the Duo-Fiber simply because its a dedicated glass towel and you will not get it mixed up with other towels. I like dedicated towels for each cleaning product, glass cleaner/wax removal/polish removal they are all kept separate.

I have yet to wash the towel (its large for my small collection of windows and can be used several times) but once I do a couple washes I will post on how its holding up.

Two

Brandon
    Last edited by gb387; Jun 18, 2005, 06:27 PM.
    Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
    Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

The glass cleaner works very well but is very dependent on MF towels to work its best. Not a problem, just thought I'd point out the results will be noticably better using MF towels vs cotton/terry towels. Not only does the glass cleaner really clean well but it also makes the glass slick and water repellent similar to RainX.

The glass cleaning towel is also an excellent product but it is too large. You have to fold it over too many times because of the size and dry MFs really grab the glass so the first few windows you clean the towel is constantly trying to unfold. If the size is reduced to 16 x 16, an really good towel will become an excellent towel!
    Owner, Scott's Mobile Auto Detailing

Comment

Originally posted by Scottwax
      The glass cleaning towel is also an excellent product but it is too large. You have to fold it over too many times because of the size and dry MFs really grab the glass so the first few windows you clean the towel is constantly trying to unfold. If the size is reduced to 16 x 16, an really good towel will become an excellent towel!
      Thank you for you keen insight Scott, perhaps you could post this as a suggestion in the New Products Suggestions forum.
      Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

gb387,
        have you ever tried the glass cleaner concentrate in the detailer line? thats what I've been using and wondering the difference between the two cleaners. great and helpful review.
        2019 GMC Sierra
        1500 AT4

Comment

Originally posted by 2000
          gb387,
          have you ever tried the glass cleaner concentrate in the detailer line? thats what I've been using and wondering the difference between the two cleaners. great and helpful review.
          I have not tried it. Someone here has, don't remember who and if I remember right they were very comparable.

Edit
          Yes found the link!
          check this post out by 2hotford: http://www.meguiarsonline.com/forums...4671#post34671
          Last edited by gb387; May 4, 2005, 08:30 AM.
          Brandon

Comment

Originally posted by Scottwax
            The glass cleaner works very well but is very dependent on MF towels to work its best. Not a problem, just thought I'd point out the results will be noticably better using MF towels vs cotton/terry towels. Not only does the glass cleaner really clean well but it also makes the glass slick and water repellent similar to RainX.
            I am going to try a split window this week and compare.... half wiped with the Duo-Fiber and half wiped with a terry towel might be easier to compare and see the difference.
            Brandon

Comment

thanks, that was very helpful!
              2019 GMC Sierra
              1500 AT4

Comment

I took another close look using the Duo-Fiber Towel/Cotton Towel/Paper Towels with the NXT Glass Cleaner...

With the Duo-Fiber it leaves a perfectly clean clear window after just a few passes. Works very well. This is a very nice addition to the cleaning arsenal.

With the Cotton Towel I found that it did a very nice job it doesn't seem to wipe around as nice. Take a little more effort to get the perfect window.

As some consumers will use paper towels (Brawny with the guy in the red shirt) I thought I would give them a try as well as with all window cleaners/paper towel combo it kind smeared the cleaner around and the dust/dirt. Didn't really clean the window as well. Its not the cleaners fault but more the paper towels. In other words, paper towels are just about worthless when cleaning glass!

About a year ago I changed my glass cleaning towels in the house to 100% cotton towels, work much better than paper towels and over time I think paper towels could dull the glass or add fine scratches, might be wrong but you never know.

I would agree with the scale on the back of the NXT Glass cleaner bottle

Duo-Fiber - 10
                Cotton Towel - 9
                Paper Towels - 3
                Last edited by gb387; May 5, 2005, 04:49 PM.
                Brandon

Comment

Hey,

Thanks for the follow-up! Great work!

Tim
                  Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Still a powerful combo... this one is going to last! Next to the wash mop this is a close second in my favorite new stuff pile!

The more I use the duo-fiber towel the more I think I am hooked on it. I am going to get another towel as I have one of the earlier versions and the stitching is coming off.

If you want the NXT glass cleaner to work its best get the Duo-fiber as well, both are great products.

This combo does out perform ALL my other attempts at glass care.

Brandon

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');