• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Green Hornet gets it's stripes back, Camaro Vinyl Stripe Restoration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Green Hornet gets it's stripes back, Camaro Vinyl Stripe Restoration

This customer seen my post about my stripe restoration on the "Bumble Bee" Camaro I did a few months ago and wanted his done. So Super Mario to the rescue!

This is such a beautifully car, it's such a shame that these beauties have such bad vinyl stripes.
    These stripes were pretty damaged so I grinded the heck out of them with a wool pad, my DeWalt Rotary and M105 to clean them up and put some kind of shine on them.
    After M105 I used PlastX on a terry towel to remove all the M105 and any dirt left over.
    Then I use a LC polish pad and D163 Tire & Trim Gel. I worked it in with my rotary to make sure it was "in" the vinyl.

You can see how bad these look and it takes away from the beauty of this beauty.

I went off on these strips due to them being so dirty and damaged

After M105 I used PlastX on a Terry towel to remove the M105 and dirt

Meguiar's D163 on a LC Polishing pad to work it into the vinyl

Here's a good side by side.

And the completed restoration done

Much nicer

You can see it's got a nice shine to it again

But up close you can still see the damaged vinyl. There is no fixing this. So put some protection on your strips now!

Much nicer and my customer loved it.

DetailingByM.com

Re: Green Hornet gets it's stripes back, Camaro Vinyl Stripe Restoration

I never would have thought being so aggressive would yield such excellent results. Nicely done!!

"fishing for swirls in a sea of black"
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    David

Comment

Wow fantastic job, great transformation man.

Comment

Originally posted by wifpd4 View Post
        I never would have thought being so aggressive would yield such excellent results. Nicely done!!
        I know right?
        The first ones I did weren't that bad and only needed a yellow pad and M105 but these ones didn't react to the yellow pad so on to the wool it was. The wool pad created a shine that looked good and pulled the dirt out of them well.

DetailingByM.com

Comment

Dang it Mario, I want to be you when I grow up

Awesome work, bro. In fact, maybe MOL could just add an Awesome job, Mario! emoticon so I don't have to keep typing it out...

Comment

Originally posted by ClearlyCoated:531301
            Dang it Mario, I want to be you when I grow up
            Lol,
            I can polish paint from new cars to B24 bombers, chrome, aluminum, glass, and now vinyl.
            I think I'll change my name to Swiss Army Detailing.

DetailingByM.com

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');