• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you make a tire look "wet" with Mequiar's Hot Shine High Gloss Tire Spray?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you make a tire look "wet" with Mequiar's Hot Shine High Gloss Tire Spray?

I bought it. Followed the directions. The tires look better. I cleaned them first, then applied the Mequiar's. I don't think I did it right. They do not look like what I thought they would. I did it several times. Nice and black but not shiny.

This is what I was expecting:

Got some free samples at a Car Show. Wheels cleaned with Sonax FE Tires Cleaned with Megs APC+ Wheels waxed with Collonite 845 Tires dressed with Blac

Sorry for posting another, forum but I didn't have another example.

Re: How do you make a tire look "wet" with Mequiar's Hot Shine High Gloss Tire Spray?

I am using endurance, applied second layer after 10-15 mins and it will be shinier. However, if you want the WET effect, I don't think Meg has one yet.

Comment

Re: How do you make a tire look "wet" with Mequiar's Hot Shine High Gloss Tire Spray?

I have the simple foam spray and it leaves a very wet look for about 8 hours... I like it and its cheap at wally world

Comment

When one of my customers ask for shiny tires I put Tire & Trim Gel on first and then NXT Insane Shine spray. This put a barrier between the tire and the spray. This prevents the spray from soaking into the tire. therefore it won't soak into the tire and stay shiny or longer. So maybe try something on the tire before you spray it.

DetailingByM.com

Comment

I have learned over time that there are many other factors than just application method and the product that affect how well a tire shine works. Those being temperature, Tire brand, tire cleanliness, quality, etc. As far as Meguiars products go, I have had the best 'wet' shine from the spray in the can, followed by the gel then spray lastly. Michelin tires tend to shine the best from my experience. I suggest you get a tire foam applicator pad, commonly found in the gel kit. Hyper dressing and other liquid based tire shines may work better for the 'wet' look.
          Matt

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');