Thread: How do you make a tire look "wet" with Mequiar's Hot Shine High Gloss Tire Spray?

Registered Member

How do you make a tire look "wet" with Mequiar's Hot Shine High Gloss Tire Spray?

I bought it. Followed the directions. The tires look better. I cleaned them first, then applied the Mequiar's. I don't think I did it right. They do not look like what I thought they would. I did it several times. Nice and black but not shiny.

This is what I was expecting:

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...ax-review.html

Sorry for posting another, forum but I didn't have another example.

Registered Member

Re: How do you make a tire look "wet" with Mequiar's Hot Shine High Gloss Tire Spray?

I am using endurance, applied second layer after 10-15 mins and it will be shinier. However, if you want the WET effect, I don't think Meg has one yet.

Registered Member

Re: How do you make a tire look "wet" with Mequiar's Hot Shine High Gloss Tire Spray?

I have the simple foam spray and it leaves a very wet look for about 8 hours... I like it and its cheap at wally world

Registered Member Detailing by M's Avatar
    When one of my customers ask for shiny tires I put Tire & Trim Gel on first and then NXT Insane Shine spray. This put a barrier between the tire and the spray. This prevents the spray from soaking into the tire. therefore it won't soak into the tire and stay shiny or longer. So maybe try something on the tire before you spray it.

I have learned over time that there are many other factors than just application method and the product that affect how well a tire shine works. Those being temperature, Tire brand, tire cleanliness, quality, etc. As far as Meguiars products go, I have had the best 'wet' shine from the spray in the can, followed by the gel then spray lastly. Michelin tires tend to shine the best from my experience. I suggest you get a tire foam applicator pad, commonly found in the gel kit. Hyper dressing and other liquid based tire shines may work better for the 'wet' look.
    Matt

Thread Information