• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

10th Anniversary Mustang Cobra interior detail and product/accessory review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10th Anniversary Mustang Cobra interior detail and product/accessory review

Hey all!!

I recently got my hands on this beautiful 2003 10th Anniversary Mustang Cobra to detail. The client had some non-Meg's product preferences for the exterior detail but I was able to try a few of my new Meg's products and accessories on the interior. I tried keeping the before and after pics as close to each other as possible but the passage of time made it tough.

To begin with the interior was not that dirty at all. The Cobra had just under 12K on the odo and had been very well kept. The interior panels were coated in this springs record setting Georgia tree pollen but aside from that were pretty free of other "muck" and dirt (one of the cup holders did have a few drops of dried coffee or soda in it). The interior glass was coated in an average layer of typical glass film/dirt. The owner is a nonsmoker so it was not all that bad.

Products/accessories I used for this detail...

X-2020 Gold Class Supreme Shine Microfiber
    X-2060 Gold Class Duo-Fiber Glass Towel
    X-1120 Gold Class Slide Lock Detail Brush
    G-13616 Gold Class Quik Interior Detailer
    G-13324 NXT Glass Cleaner

I began the detail with the windshield and the NXT Glass Cleaner. Like every product I have thus far used from the NXT line the Glass Cleaner has a very light and pleasant "fruit" smell to it. I know this really has nothing to do with product performance but when you work with these chemicals all day every day like I do it is a nice touch (ask anyone that has to use Klasse AIO on a regular basis about this). The spray pattern is very consistent and easy to control. It doesn't "cling" to the glass like some of the foam based glass cleaners but is by no means "runny". After the windshield was misted with the Glass Cleaner I folded my Gold Class Duo-Fiber Glass Towel into 1/4's and began to wipe the product away. It came off very easy...one or two wet passes and one dry pass with the cloth and the glass was clean. The Duo-Fiber cloth is VERY soft, is plush and has a nice sewn seam. It absorbed the Glass Cleaner easily and left just a small amount of lint behind. Since the cloth I used was brand spanking new I suspect with a few washes there won't be any lint at all. In all the Glass Cleaner and Duo-Fiber combo worked as advertised with a nice clean streak free windshield. I proceeded to clean the rest of the interior glass with the same results.

Next up would be the Gold Class Slide Lock Detail Brush. I always brush out the vents and interior panel seams before cleaning with another product as this leaves them clean of debris and ready to be wiped down. Normally I would use two separate brushes for this step...one with long bristles for dusting and one with short bristles for dislodging stubborn grit. The Slide Lock Detail Brush enabled me to use one brush by adjusting the collar for short and long bristles. It worked very well in both regards and its overall construction is top notch. My only gripe is that it is a bit large and cumbersome for some interior work. I knocked it out of my own hand several times while working because of its size. A smaller version of the same design would be an excellent compromise.

Last up would be the final panel wipe down / cleaning with the Gold Class Quik Interior Detailer and Gold Class Supreme Shine Microfiber. Now I must point out that I personally do not like applying dressings to interior panels. I only do it about once a year on my own vehicles for protection purposes with a low sheen product like #40. Typically, all I will do with an interior is clean it with a product like Meg's APC diluted 10:1. I like clean interior panels...not dressed panels. I can say that the new Quik Interior Detailer is the perfect product for you if you share the same tastes as me! It left every panel clean and left behind ZERO sheen or residue. The product mists from the bottle in the same exact pattern as the A-3316 Quik Detailer....fine spray that is easy to control. The product has a very little citrus smell to it. The Gold Class Supreme Shine Microfiber wiped up the Quik Interior Detailer with great ease and left behind no lint. The cloth (like the Duo-Fiber cloth) is very soft and plush with a nice tight nap and well sewn seam. I can see this microfiber being a dream to use for polish and wax removal.

In all I was very pleased with these new Meg's products. The accessories are well designed and fairly priced and the products worked as advertised. If Meg's put the Quik Interior Detailer in gallon jugs and sold it through the pro-line I'd be a happy camper!!

Below are a few pics of the detail. As I said before the passage of time made it hard to capture true before and after's. Also, it is kind of hard to photograph a "dusty" interior with a digital camera!

Enjoy,
    Mike

Before...

After...

Before...

After...

Before...

After...
    2000 Pontiac Trans Am WS6
    Bright Silver Metallic / Ebony Interior
    ASC# 1,575
    406 rwhp 392 rwtrq

Great review and pics!

All those products and accessories laying on your hood and windshield are "top shelf products"... that's for sure!
    Last edited by Boss_429; May 1, 2005, 02:56 PM.
    Boss_429

Comment

Correct me if I'm wrong but I tought the Quik Interior Detailer is supposed to be used an "in between" product, supplementing something like NXT Tech Protectant. Similar to QD, but for the interior.

Does using The Quik Interior Detailer provided enough UV protection?

Comment

Originally posted by 05PhillyStang
        Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought the Quik Interior Detailer is supposed to be used an "in between" product, supplementing something like NXT Tech Protectant. Similar to QD, but for the interior.

Does using The Quik Interior Detailer provided enough UV protection?
        Quik Interior Detailer is a maintenance product for light cleaning in-between normal applications of a regular interior protectant. While it does contain some UV protection, it is not a replacement for a regular dressing.
        Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');