• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meguiars consumer cleaner Wax/ and mirror Glaze #6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meguiars consumer cleaner Wax/ and mirror Glaze #6

Is #6 The Professional version of the Consumer Cleaner/Wax. Or are they much different. Just looking at most economical if detailing alot.
    Why walk through life when you can strut.

--- Tobymac

Re: Meguiars consumer cleaner Wax/ and mirror Glaze #6

Quite different.

The Consumer Line Cleaner/Wax is a very mild product.

#66 is more like ColorX, and is a good all around product, with a bit of defect removal ability.

I believe #6 is slightly stronger, though people may not really notice.

And then D151 is the strongest Cleaner/Wax.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Thankyou Murr1525!

If I was going to be kickin it in this summer, and detailing alot of daily drivers do you recommend one that would give the best quality cleaning/waxing, over the others.

--- Tobymac

Comment

M66 comes in a big bottle so you would be able to do lots of cars. Also m66 has some good correcting ability as well.
        2008 Mazda CX-9 (WIFE'S)
        1995 Ford F150 XLT (MINE)
        1995 Honda Accord LX (TOTALED)
        1962 Lincoln Continental (SOLD)
        1965 Ford Mustang (NEW PROJECT)

Comment

When all is said and done, it seems like any All-in-one cleaner wax is really a two step process for decent results. I'm wondering if I should just go with Ultimate Compound and top with Ultimate Liquid Wax. Or if a similar combo of products could be found in your professional line to be more cost effective, for many cars.

--- Tobymac

Comment

D151 Paint Reconditioning Creme is a great AIO that is very cost effective!
            Rupes 21 / Flex 3401 / G110v2 / GG3"
            Thoryamaha919 AKA Evan
            Click and Like my Facebook Page

Comment

#66 is pretty solid for all around use on a 1 step.

Part of the process depends on how many coats of wax you like to do, or what people will pay for.
              2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

151 was made for action production work, decent correction in a short work time. But is very dusty and if I'm going to creat a lot of dust then I would use 205 and I do.
                66 is a much better wax then 151. 66 is my goto on alot of cars and does a great job.

DetailingByM.com

Comment

I used #66 yesterday. It knocked out just about all of the swirls, and all of the stains. It actually reminded me of ColorX.. It even smells like ColorX.

Last fall I used #6 on my neighbor's car. It was one of the most potent one step products I've ever used. Totally performed beyond expectation.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');