• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Scuff marks and scratches on bumper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scuff marks and scratches on bumper

I scraped the lower part of my bumper on my Honda Civic against the curb when I was trying to park in the parking lot.

I checked out the bumper and saw that the only noticeable damage done was like a 1.5 inch X 1 inch area of scuff marks and scratching of where it scraped the curb. (You really have to look hard to find the area where it scraped the curb, its hard to tell just by glancing at the bumper) I thought I did more damage to the bumper since I felt a little jolt and heard the bumper scrape the curb.

When I rub my finger over the scratches, I feel the scratches but I don't believe it took much of the paint. I still see the paint color of the car.

What do I need to use to fix the damage? I have a bottle of the Honda touch up paint, should I use that?

This is the 1st time any damage was done to the car since I bought it over a month ago.
    Last edited by nyyanks81; Apr 30, 2005, 11:28 AM.

You can try something like scratchx to reduce the appearance of the scratch.

Comment

A friend of mine had scuff marks and scratches on the bumper of his black Toyota truck and I brought out the old trusty Scratch X and it eliminated the scuff marks and minimized the scratches. It might take more than one application to remove the scuff marks and minimize the scratches. Just put a little passion behind the application and you should get good results.

Comment

Which wax should I use to put on the area after using Scratch X?
        Can I use the NXT Spray Wax?

Comment

Spray wax is not a stand-alone type of product. You would need to use either the paste or liquid form of NXT for protection.

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');