• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meguiar's D114 Rinse Free Express Wash Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meguiar's D114 Rinse Free Express Wash Review

This is my review of Meguiar's D114 on a pretty dirty car. You can't fake the cleaning power of this stuff on video in real time!

Video in link below:

Meguiar's D114 Rinse Free Express Wash Review - YouTube

Re: Meguiar's D114 Rinse Free Express Wash Review

How do you like it over a popular product like ONR?
    "STRIFE" aka Phil
    2005 Infiniti G35 Coupe (IP/ aka White) the Toy
    2011 Subaru Impreza (SWP/ aka White) the DD
    2017 Subaru Forester (CWP/ aka White) Wifey's

Comment

Thanks for the review!

I too would like to know how you think it compares to ONR.
      Originally posted by Blueline
      I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

Originally posted by STRIFE View Post
        How do you like it over a popular product like ONR?
        Originally posted by davey g-force View Post
        Thanks for the review!

I too would like to know how you think it compares to ONR.
        I find both to have similar effectiveness in cleaning power, but with the slight advantage to ONR for being easier to dry. Seems to take a marginal amount of less buffing for ONR to be wiped clean.

I like that D114 leaves nothing on the surface, although what ONR leaves behind doesn't supposedly "get in the way" of any LSP.

Either one is a solid choice in my opinion.

Thanks for watching!

Comment

Just used D114 this past weekend and it was great. As ihaveacarmaro said, it leaves the paint squeaky clean where as you will find some slickness with ONR. One thing I found contrary and it could well been the weather but D114 seem to dry faster than ONR. So with D114, you really want to do a panel at a time. Btw... I thought D114 smelled like blueberry. One question I do have is has anyone used UQW or D156 as drying aid with D114?
          2012 Acura CBP TL SH-AWD Tech

Comment

Yes I use D156 as drying agent all the time with D114.

Comment

Originally posted by C8N View Post
              Just used D114 this past weekend and it was great. As ihaveacarmaro said, it leaves the paint squeaky clean where as you will find some slickness with ONR. One thing I found contrary and it could well been the weather but D114 seem to dry faster than ONR. So with D114, you really want to do a panel at a time. Btw... I thought D114 smelled like blueberry. One question I do have is has anyone used UQW or D156 as drying aid with D114?
              Not only do I use UQW/D156 as a drying aid for D114 but I use it after all types of washing.

Check this out:
              How To Keep Your Car Looking Its Best Using Alternative Ways To Traditional Washing
              2011 Car Crazy Showcase SEMA Team

Comment

Thanks Marc. Your review was the first one I saw that made me order the D114 and thank you for that as well. I am contemplating whether I should use Last Touch or UQW/D156 as drying aid. I could be wrong but I thought you mentioned that you also use Last Touch at 1:1 as drying aid as well. Obviously Last Touch is more economical but which do you prefer when used with D114?

Comment

Thanks Marc. Your review was the first one I saw that made me order the D114 and thank you for that as well. I am contemplating whether I should use Last Touch or UQW/D156 as drying aid. I could be wrong but I thought you mentioned that you also use Last Touch at 1:1 as drying aid as well. Obviously Last Touch is more economical but which do you prefer when used with D114?
                  I sometimes use Last Touch just to vary things. But I still prefer using UQW/D156 because it offers better protection. It's a spray wax as opposed to Last Touch just being a QD. But both offer a great look and leave the surface extremely slick.

Comment

That's good enough for me and D156 it is. Thank you sir!

Comment

That's good enough for me and D156 it is. Thank you sir!
                      The pictures in the thread I linked above is a result of D114+D156. The CR-V was also CBP so you should get the same results. I think it came out very shiny.

And I wouldn't worry about being economical with D156. The gallon jug will last you a very long time. You don't use a lot of product when using a spray wax.

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');