• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meguiar's Glass Cleaner vs Invisible Glass Cleaner - Thrifty vs Fifty Episode 6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meguiar's Glass Cleaner vs Invisible Glass Cleaner - Thrifty vs Fifty Episode 6

Hey guys, this is the sixth episode in a series of videos I'm making called Thrifty vs Fifty.

Essentially I'm comparing two products that can do the same function: one with a low price tag and the other with a high one... and to see if the added price is worth it. Hence, the thrifty vs fifty.

I'm not just going around finding the cheapest and most expensive options out there and comparing them. In my eyes, that comparison would be useless. I am comparing two products that people on forums have highly recommended for a certain task and then if they have big enough different price points, making a video comparison.

Today's episode is on glass cleaners.

Meguiar's D120 Glass Cleaner Concentrate vs Invisible Glass Cleaner!

Video in link below:

Meguiar's Glass Cleaner vs Invisible Glass Cleaner - Thrifty vs Fifty Episode 6 - YouTube

Hope you enjoy!

Re: Meguiar's Glass Cleaner vs Invisible Glass Cleaner - Thrifty vs Fifty Episode 6

I did compare with turtle wax glass cleaner together with Meguiar's.
    Conclusion: Turtle Wax has bad alcoholic smell.

Comment

Re: Meguiar's Glass Cleaner vs Invisible Glass Cleaner - Thrifty vs Fifty Episode 6

I may be a bit biased but my $20 gallon of D120 is a huge winner in terms of cost.
      I mean my gallon will dilute to 11 gallons of cleaner...pretty much a lifetime for me.
      Nothing can compare if you grab any RTU product. Once I use up my bottle of NXT glass cleaner...I'm pretty much set with D120
      I Usually spritz my clean MF and wipe the window, then I follow up with a separate dry MF, buff to a shine...usually the cheap Walmart MFs will do a great job.
      I love the smell of D120, makes it a pleasure to use
      "STRIFE" aka Phil
      2005 Infiniti G35 Coupe (IP/ aka White) the Toy
      2011 Subaru Impreza (SWP/ aka White) the DD
      2017 Subaru Forester (CWP/ aka White) Wifey's

Comment

Warm water on a microfiber, followed up by a dry microfiber. Now that is thrifty, and works perfectly. No streaks...just clean glass and no smell.

Comment

Originally posted by yfwong View Post
          I did compare with turtle wax glass cleaner together with Meguiar's.
          Conclusion: Turtle Wax has bad alcoholic smell.
          Haha!

Originally posted by STRIFE View Post
          I may be a bit biased but my $20 gallon of D120 is a huge winner in terms of cost.
          I mean my gallon will dilute to 11 gallons of cleaner...pretty much a lifetime for me.
          Nothing can compare if you grab any RTU product. Once I use up my bottle of NXT glass cleaner...I'm pretty much set with D120
          I Usually spritz my clean MF and wipe the window, then I follow up with a separate dry MF, buff to a shine...usually the cheap Walmart MFs will do a great job.
          I love the smell of D120, makes it a pleasure to use
          I agree that D120 is the way to go!

Originally posted by Blueline View Post
          Warm water on a microfiber, followed up by a dry microfiber. Now that is thrifty, and works perfectly. No streaks...just clean glass and no smell.
          Generally, that doesn't remove water spots for me. In my experience, a chemical is needed to remove water spots, and if the chemical is not working, claying or polishing is needed.

Water is great, but for those real dirty jobs, I prefer glass cleaner. Since D120 is so economical, I just use it all the time, even if plain water will suffice.

Comment

I have had such terrible fogging a couple days after using D120. After reading this, I will try diluting differently. So far I am rather disappointed.

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');