• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Polishing with Vinyl Graphics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Polishing with Vinyl Graphics

Like the title says whats the best way to polish and buff ect... when you have vinyl graphics to work around? How do you guys do it? Any help would be great thanks.
    The truck is not supposed to get from point "A" to point "B", the truck is the point.

I have had amny vehicles with vinyl lettering on them, I just treat it like they arent there. Only places you need to be carefull is on corners and little things that are easuily pulled up. Waxing and polishing the vinyl will keep it looking good longer, just like your paint.
    If you dont play you CANT win!

Comment

Originally posted by SqkyKln
      I have had amny vehicles with vinyl lettering on them, I just treat it like they arent there. Only places you need to be carefull is on corners and little things that are easuily pulled up. Waxing and polishing the vinyl will keep it looking good longer, just like your paint.
      I agree...I have even buffed over plastic tail light lenses, front lenses, and sometimes even headlights with no problems.

I will not hesitate to buff over auto maker emblems either...Such as the oval Ford emblem, since it is nice & rounded anyway...Really makes 'em shine!

With that said, I'm not sure if I would do this with a rotary buffer...I only did it with a PC. But be careful buffing around vinyl & plastic trim, as it would be better to tape most of these areas off!
      r. b.

Comment

I have used a rotary over large and small Vinyl Graphics many times with no problems but.... I don't think I would recommend it on something very important, I think it sure could create problems. When I go over the graphics I am very careful with the buffer.
        Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
        Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');