• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The ultra noob first detailing, all the help and advice will be appreciated.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The ultra noob first detailing, all the help and advice will be appreciated.

Hello MOL,

I need help for my first detailing, I have a Civic Si 2008 that need some love, after reading some post here I bought a Meguiar's G110V2 and I know the steps are (I wil add some notes and questions):

a) Wash (I use Meguiar's Gold Class Car Wash Shampoo)

b) Clay (I will use Meguiar's Smooth Surface Clay Kit)

c) Compound (I will use Meguiar's Ultimate Compound but I don't know the correct size and model of the pad)

d) Polish (I will use Meguiar's Ultimate Polish but I don't know the correct size and model of the pad)

e) Wax (I don't know which one is the best for my car; Ultimate Liquid Wax, NXT Tech Wax 2.0, Gold Class Wax or other one and I don't know the correct size and model of the pad)

I have two panels that were repainted 30 days ago, I read in some post that I need to wait for 60 days before detailing, is that correct?

Now, after I take some pics of the car I find some marks in the hood and roof, then I decided to search here for something similar, I only found a post where is mentioned that honda has paint defects in some cars from the same year as mine, but the pics I see from that case are very diferent from my car, here are two pics of my car:

Some ideas on this?

Here are other pics from the car swirls and scratches:

Caused by a little rock

And the last is a problema with one headlight, result of another car tire :

If someone can help me with all this questions and problems I would be very grateful.

Saludos

Spanish or english?

Comment

Re: The ultra noob first detailing, all the help and advice will be appreciated.

e) Wax (I don't know which one is the best for my car; Ultimate Liquid Wax, NXT Tech Wax 2.0, Gold Class Wax or other one and I don't know the correct size and model of the pad)
      Not necessarily best for the car....but rather use that wax which looks best to you. Only using different ones will show you which you like best.

However, if longevity is a concern, Ultimate Wax has the longest durability of those in your list. So longer life is a bit of side benefit of Ultimate Wax, in addition to great reflections. I use a 4 inch, Lake Country black pad for applying wax. A very soft pad is what you are after.

"fishing for swirls in a sea of black"
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      David

Comment

Re: The ultra noob first detailing, all the help and advice will be appreciated.

Originally posted by thepanchmx View Post
        Spanish or english?
        Espanol esta bien.

Saludos

Comment

Stick with the ultimate line . Megs yellow pad for everything.
          Headlights; PlastX and Headlight Protecting.
          And there is a Spanish MOL

DetailingByM.com

Comment

Hola depeniendo de la zona que te ubiques y losnproductos que puedas localizar te recomiendo dos cosas:

Primero si tienes oportunidad de comprar pads de microfibra de corte y algun compound como d300 m105 m100 o m95 la combinacion de ellos hara maravillas como paso de corte, posteriormente a eliminaro los defectos que deja el pad puedes iocupar un pad de pulido (el amarillo) y m80 m205 m83. Para un auto de tama

Comment

Originally posted by thepanchmx View Post
              Hola depeniendo de la zona que te ubiques y losnproductos que puedas localizar te recomiendo dos cosas:

Primero si tienes oportunidad de comprar pads de microfibra de corte y algun compound como d300 m105 m100 o m95 la combinacion de ellos hara maravillas como paso de corte, posteriormente a eliminaro los defectos que deja el pad puedes iocupar un pad de pulido (el amarillo) y m80 m205 m83. Para un auto de tama

Gracias por la respuesta, por los productos no hay mucho problema por que los voy a pedir de Amazon y un amigo me los mandara a Mexico, segun veo me recomiendas productos de la linea profesional, la verdad es que me daria miedo usar productos tan abrasivos, por que es la primera vez que voy a hacer esto y no me gustaria danar la pintura.

Lest use english for the next reply .

Saludos

Comment

Originally posted by wifpd4 View Post
                Not necessarily best for the car....but rather use that wax which looks best to you. Only using different ones will show you which you like best.

However, if longevity is a concern, Ultimate Wax has the longest durability of those in your list. So longer life is a bit of side benefit of Ultimate Wax, in addition to great reflections. I use a 4 inch, Lake Country black pad for applying wax. A very soft pad is what you are after.
                Ok, I will use the Ultimate Wax for the longevity.

The Lake Country black pad can be used with the Meguiar's G110V2 ?

Originally posted by Please Wash Me Detailing View Post
                Stick with the ultimate line . Megs yellow pad for everything.
                Headlights; PlastX and Headlight Protecting.
                And there is a Spanish MOL
                The model W 8207 7" Soft Buff 2.0 Foam Polishing Pad for Wax, Polish and Compound?

Thanks for the Headlights products recomendations, that tire mark

Saludos

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');