• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Differnece between Nxt generation 2.0 and Meguiar's Ultimate Liquid Wax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Differnece between Nxt generation 2.0 and Meguiar's Ultimate Liquid Wax

I've been using the NXT Generation Tech Wax, but I see so many offerings. What is the difference, or what would be the recommendations for choosing between these two products.

Richard's Car Restoration
    How to polish and restore stainless and aluminum trim

Re: Differnece between Nxt generation 2.0 and Meguiar's Ultimate Liquid Wax

Ultimate Wax is their longest lasting wax. It's more durable than NXT 2.0.

Ultimate Wax also beads and sheds water like no other. I would say it's better than NXT2.0 as well.

Removal is also different between the two. You don't need to let Ultimate Wax dry unlike NXT 2.0.

Ultimate Wax also doesn't stain plastic trim.
    2011 Car Crazy Showcase SEMA Team

Comment

The UW Liquid applies different and wont stain trim.
      2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

It sounds like ultimate liquid wax is the better choice all around.

Comment

As long as you dont mind a little learning curve, maybe a bit of streaking the first time till you get it right.

Comment

And if you do get streaking, just lightly spritz the surface with water and wipe off.
            2011 Car Crazy Showcase SEMA Team

Comment

Originally posted by Murr1525 View Post
              As long as you dont mind a little learning curve, maybe a bit of streaking the first time till you get it right.
              I dont know what you mean by that

Comment

I mean the first time you use it, you will probably apply it a bit too thick, or let it sit too long, and end up with some streaking.

Just takes a little practice.

But as noted, if you remove the wax with a damp cloth, or mist the surface while removing, it solves most streaking issues easily enough.

Comment

Some people wont like a product if they cant get it perfect the first time they use it.

Comment

You are saying the UW is more apt to streak?

Comment

The Ult. Wax Liquid can streak if applied too thick or allowed to dry.

You will find many posts on this around the forum here.

Comment

Waxes/sealants can streak if applied to thickly (like collinte 845 or even mothers synthetic waxes), even non meguiars waxes do, if using Ultimate Liquid, apply to a panel or 2, wait 5 mins., then remove apply it as thin as you can, so thin that you can barely see it (take advantage of its thin film technology). It shouldn't be allowed to dry to a haze. If you're afraid of streaking or the different behavior of Ultimate Liquid, you can try the paste instead, it applies more like a "traditional" wax but still has the hydrophobic polymer and thin film technology and still the most durable megs wax.

Comment

Thanks. I'll get a bottle and try it. I love the shine I get now. Longer lasting would be nice, but didn't want to give up the shine, water beading, and ability to just blow off the dust when I've left it in the garage for a few weeks.

I have a little more than one bottle of the nXt, but once I finish the other two cars it will go fast.

Comment

Just picked up ULW yesterday.
                            Haven't used it yet and only thing I can say right now is that I think it smells better than the NXT
                            2012 Acura CBP TL SH-AWD Tech

Comment

Should give better results as well, just be aware of its characteristics vs. NXT 2.0

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');