• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hot Shine Tire Foam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hot Shine Tire Foam

Just bought Hot Shine Tire Foam and am wondering how do you guys apply this product? The instruction on the bottle says to simply spray the foam into the tire. Like other tire spray products, I find it hard not to spray some on the wheels.

I have a tire dressing applicator and I usually put the dressing onto the applicator and wipe into the tire. Should I do the same way, spray onto the applicator first?

Also, is there any cleaning ingredient in Hot Shine?

Re: Hot Shine Tire Foam

I've been using this for a bit. I spray it on the tire and do not use an applicator. If you use the applicator foam, in my opinion gets all over. Yes it gets on the rims, best to do it before cleaning the rims. Also noticed after using it, some of it drifts and gets on the paint, causing spots like silicone. I usually have to go back and reapply quik detailer to those areas in front, behind and above wheel well. I am using up both bottles I have and moving to Meg's Tire Trim and Gel. I do like Endurance. I used to use it all the time, but figured I'd go spray. I'd rather use an applicator to be honest and swipe it on. Less messy in my opinion.
    Show N Shine Car Detailing - Quality Care, Each and Every Time

Comment

I know i'm off - topic but i use a tire shine made by " onyx " this stuff is amazing i have used it for at last the last 5 years , you spray it on and i like to wipe it in so

you don't get any spray off ,you get a deep dark high gloss shine and if you're not looking for that less spray less shineall about using yhour judgement, it lasts about 6 days easily and with rain you get the bead factor , and it's reasonable it's about $7.99, it's like anything else you get what you pay for, afterall if you buy a tire shine in wal - mart

for $2.99 well you get what you pay for !
      "Sometimes the best way to get some ones attention is to stop giving them yours"

Comment

I use the Trim & Tire gel and I love it! I usually clean the tires and rims with the Hot Rims All Wheel Cleaner (pink bottle) and scrub it with a brush to deep clean everything. I think that if your tires are super clean the dressing will last longer, don't know if that's right or not, but it makes sense in my crazy head! The Trim & Tire gel isn't going to give a super high gloss finish, which I don't prefer, but instead it will I've a nice satin look and it seems to last a couple weeks or so even in rain. It's water based so it won't brown your tires like a silicone based product might and I haven't experienced any issues with sling off, though I do let it sit overnight to fully dry before I go anywhere. You do have to remember to move your vehicle a couple feet to get the area that was on the ground or you will have a dull spot on each tire

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');