• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

To UC the entire car or just in trouble areas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To UC the entire car or just in trouble areas?

All,

Is the recommended course of action with UC to do the entire car or just specific spots? I have some scratches on my hood and roof that I want to remove, but the remainder of the car is light swirls. Since I want to use the least aggressive method to repair my paint I don't want to overuse the UC and just use the UP on the entire car. I am using the meguiars newest DA, the yellow pads for UC and UP, the black pads for ULW. I will two bucket wash and clay bar before the repair.

What would your recommendation be? Thanks!

Re: To UC the entire car or just in trouble areas?

If they are light swirls, you may try Swirl X first if you have it. As far as doing the entire car, I'd just use the UC on the worse spots you have and then Swirl X the rest or the UP on the yellow pad with doing a little correction but not a lot.
    Show N Shine Car Detailing - Quality Care, Each and Every Time

Comment

Test spots!! After you clay the car, use the UC on the worst areas you're concerned with to make sure the scratches are removed. You may find you need something more agressive for the scratches. For the remainder of the car that you indicate isn't too bad, use your UP on the yellow pad to see if the swirls are removed to your satisfaction. UP is not very strong, I'm guessing you'll end up using UP on the entire car. BTW, what car, how old, and what shape is the surface generally in?
      2011 BMW 335i - Alpine White
      2011 Infiniti FX35 - Moonlight White

Comment

Welcome to MOL! As previously mentioned, use the UC in the needed areas if you like. UP will clean your paint, as well as correct very minor swirl marks. If you need to step it up a little, Swirl X is a great product.

James

Comment

I'd do the whole car. I wouldn't want "clean/polished" spots and scratchy parts on the rest of my car. Your already doing it so just keep doing it to the rest of your car.

DetailingByM.com

Comment

If the car is in good shape, UCing the bad spots, and then UP on everything should come out pretty even looking.

If the car is in a bit worse shape, you may see 'clean spots' if you don't UC everything.

So, just have to see what the case is when you start to work on it.
            2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

If your car looks like this you might have to use Ultimate Compound

Since you said you have light swirls, I recommend doing a test spot with Ultimate POlish before proceeding with Ultimate compound.

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');