• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NXT Booster Wax Cleaning Properties

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NXT Booster Wax Cleaning Properties

On my mom's car, I clayed, polished with #83/#80 combo and applied a layer of NXT Tech Wax last Tuesday. Today, I washed it with NXT Shampoo and applied NXT Booster Wax onto the finish. I started out with a clean piece of High-Tech Foam Applicator and ended up with a dirty one. It seems that NXT BW contains quite an amount of chemical cleaner, is that true? Thanks!
    zey's detailing photography blog

Re: NXT Booster Wax Cleaning Properties

Originally posted by zey
    It seems that NXT BW contains quite an amount of chemical cleaner, is that true? Thanks!
    No this isn't true, products like ColorX contain,

quite an amount of chemical cleaner

Are you working on a single stage or clear coat?
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Mike, I'm working on clearcoat.

Comment

Originally posted by zey
        Mike, I'm working on clearcoat.
        To tell the truth, I've never seen an instance where someone has cleaned and polished a car with the M83/M80 combo, then waxed only to come back and to still be able to remove dirt with any kind of product as the M83 is actually a fairly aggressive cleaner/polish.

Does the car look good? As in, is the clear coat clear? Can you see the color underneath? What color is your foam applicator pad turning after you use the NXT Spray Wax?

After I machine polish our 04 clearcoated Pilot and then wax, when I use the NXT Spray Wax the I don't pull any dirt onto my applicator pad?

If the car is not spotlessly clean before using a spray wax or any wax, as is washed thoroughly, or wiped-down with a quick detailer thoroughly, they your wax pad will accumulated dirt and dust that is on the car and in the nooks and crannies.

As far as our NXT Spray Wax removing dirt from your cars finish it will probably do that if the dirt is topical, but if your machine cleaned the finish with M83, then polished with M80 and then waxed with Tech Wax, how much dirt could be on and in the clearcoat?

Sounds like a mystery to me?
        Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Mike, for your info, I use rotary with W-8006 to work on with #83/#80 combo. I'm really surprised to see my foam pad to be contaminated (slight greyish). Maybe within a week, alot of bonded contaminants settle onto the finish (4-5 rain falls). Perhaps I should wash more often since the weather is bad.

Comment

Originally posted by zey
            Mike, for your info, I use rotary with W-8006 to work on with #83/#80 combo. I'm really surprised to see my foam pad to be contaminated (slight greyish). Maybe within a week, alot of bonded contaminants settle onto the finish (4-5 rain falls). Perhaps I should wash more often since the weather is bad.
            Like I mentioned previously, M83 is a fairly aggressive cleaner/polish, especially when applied with a rotary buffer. If this was done correctly, the only thing left on your clearcoat finish should be clearcoat paint!

Sounds like a case of accumulated dirt, or D.I.P., Dirt In Paint. Which can accumulate when your car's finish is exposed to inclimate weather as a lot of dirty water is sprayed onto the car as you're driving and following other cars on the highway. (I used to live in Oregon and DIP was a common problem on daily drivers)
            Mike Phillips
            760-515-0444
            showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

this might sound stupid but where your hands clean? I know with #40 if my hands were dirty the #40 would take the dirt from my hands and transfer it to the applicator.
              2019 GMC Sierra
              1500 AT4

Comment

Originally posted by zey
                I'm really surprised to see my foam pad to be contaminated (slight greyish). Maybe within a week, alot of bonded contaminants settle onto the finish (4-5 rain falls). Perhaps I should wash more often since the weather is bad.
                Hi zey,

I face the same issue when I first used NXT booster wax here in S'pore. I was really surprise to see the form pad to turn dirty and I tought that the cleaning power of the booster wax was strong.

I guess is the problem with the climate in our area.
                That is why I wash my car every weekend, rain or shine...

sky8811

Comment

Hi all, thanks for the reply. Sky8811, nowadays I wash my car twice a week to prevent dirt from sticking to the paint surface. The heat and rain are really killing!

Comment

I've used it many times on mine and the wifes car and never had the pad get dirty. I LOVE this stuff!!!! 10 minutes work looks like you spent a couple hours on the car.
                    Black......the ONLY color!

Comment

If you QD your car every day, or at least every nice day, that may help cut down on Dirt in Paint. If you wash your car one day and wax another day, you should use a QD like the NXT Speed Detailer before you wax. You would be surprised how much dust and dirt can accumulate on a car in a day or even several hours.

RamAirV1
                      2015 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack 392Granite Crystal
                      2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

Originally posted by zey
                        Hi all, thanks for the reply. Sky8811, nowadays I wash my car twice a week to prevent dirt from sticking to the paint surface. The heat and rain are really killing!

sky8811

Comment

Re: Re: NXT Booster Wax Cleaning Properties

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
                          No this isn't true, products like ColorX contain,

quite an amount of chemical cleaner

Are you working on a single stage or clear coat?
                          Hi Mike,

I try out the booster wax again yesterday and found out that it can actually clean away road tar that washing with NXT wash cannot get out.

When I work the booster wax on that tar spot long enough, it actually clean away the tar sport...

Comment

Hey,

What material are you using the Spray Wax on to apply to the tar spot? If it is a cotton towel the cleaning would be more of a function of the towel and the friction created by it rather than any extremely mild cleaners in the spray wax. The Spray Wax is acting as a lubricant while you are rubbing.

Tim
                            Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Also, if you bump the applicator pad into any black trim, which is very easy to do BTW, the applicator will begin to turn black or grey. And this will happen with any wax, whether it has cleaners in it or not.

Plus the applicator will pick up road film if you bring it near the wheel openings. Road film will accumulate very quickly in that area.

RamAirV1
                              2015 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack 392Granite Crystal
                              2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');