• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pearl White Cadillac CTS Clean-up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pearl White Cadillac CTS Clean-up

I offered to clean up my neighbor's late-model Cadillac CTS for her. I don't think it has ever been washed. Spent 90 minutes yesterday on the interior. i buffed the hood with my DA and the microfiber pads and correction fluid. I did make a dumb mistake with the wax. I had an old jar of an expensive wax. I used it on the hood. It dried hard in 5 minutes. I spent 30 minutes trying to correct my mistake. Old wax in the trash can.

Here are some before exterior pictures:

Please note the paint transfer to the trim:

Here is the paint after a little elbow grease plus tarminator, DA using microfiber pads.

This is a "before" picture. It is really hard on a white car to see how dirty it was. I washed a clayed one side of the car twice to get it clean.

There is a little surprise under the hood; a 550 HP supercharged engine.

After clean up.
    Art Layton
    2009 Jetta TDI

Re: Pearl White Cadillac CTS Clean-up

AHHHHHHHHHHHH! I always get the pictures too small.
    Art Layton
    2009 Jetta TDI

Comment

I was going to say, I can't see the pics well enough. When resizing, use 640x480. That's what I use when I resize everything for pics I upload here. Those are 120x80, avatar profile size, lol.
      Show N Shine Car Detailing - Quality Care, Each and Every Time

Comment

Looks good from what I can see!

Perhaps try hosting your full size pics on Photobucket (or similar) then post them here using [IMG] links.
        Originally posted by Blueline
        I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

looks good, great job? lol. another vote for photo bucket. if you use your phone for pics you can upload them directly. easy, peasy, sleazy.

DetailingByM.com

Comment

Lol, that's not just a CTS! It's a V!!!! And a Wagon!!! I wouldn't give my coupe up, but I love me a wagon!

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');