• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need solution for blurry windshield problem on rainy night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need solution for blurry windshield problem on rainy night

I had applied Rain-X 2-in-1 Glass cleaner+Water Repellent in my car windshield earlier which was causing chattering wipers and streaks (leading to poor visibility) when it rained. The other problem I had was the hardened water spots in my windshield and windows because of car washes.
    I tried Rain-X Xtreme clean (white colored glass polish)to remove the Rain-X water repellent and water spots. I partially succeeded. I don't see the water beading anymore and wipers have stopped chattering. 50% of the water spots vanished. However, when it rains, the head lights from the opposite car looks blurred through the windshield and still it causes little streaks when the wiper blades wipe the rain on the windshield. Also, I notice an oil like film (with a prism effect showing rainbow colors) whenever I wipe the windshield or glass.
    Then, I tried Sprayway glass cleaner (alcohol based glass cleaner) as suggested in one of the threads. It has 5-star reviews on Amazon - http://www.amazon.com/Sprayway-Glass.../dp/B000AP585M. I applied it on my windshield and all the windows (exterior) which made the problem worse. The windows get awfully blurred when it rains (even during daytime) which makes it difficult when I make the turns.
    It's a 2011 Corolla.
    Can someone suggest me a solution for this problem?

Re: Need solution for blurry windshield problem on rainy night

Well, obviously making sure your interior glass is clean.

What are you applying/removing the cleaner with?

If it was just me starting off with messed up glass, I would tend to start with clay, then UC/#105, and then the Meguiars glass cleaner.

I have had good success with the regular RainX treatment, and I would usually end with that, so not sure there. Didn't like the 2-in-1 though.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

new wipers?
      I love RainX and never have problems with it.
      So I'm thinking you need to remove those water spots.
      I'm not going to recommend anything due to the fact it's your windshield and you should see a detailer about cleaning that glass.
      Oh you can try claying, that will clean it up some.
      I'd also re-apply the RainX, it's a silicone based product that helps wiper glide so I think your chatter is because of the contaminated bonded to your glass.

DetailingByM.com

Comment

Originally posted by Murr1525 View Post
        Well, obviously making sure your interior glass is clean.

What are you applying/removing the cleaner with?
        The interior glass is pretty good.
        I use a microfiber cloth.

Comment

Originally posted by Please Wash Me Detailing View Post
          new wipers?
          It's the stock wipers that came along with the new car 16 months back. I just examined them and they look okay to me. Anyways, I will get them replaced when I go for the 5000 mile service in another couple of months.

Comment

^^^^^Clean the wipers and even dress them or replace.

DetailingByM.com

Comment

Old wipers shouldnt cause a greasy residue, but aren't going to help. 16 months is pushing it a bit usually, and can get better ones somewhere other than the dealer.

If you have some alcohol, or a glass cleaner with no residue, you can wet a cloth and wipe it along the wipers to clean them.
              2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Mercedes wipers last exceptional long, maybe 4-5 years. Last time I paid $60 for a set in my local dealership. They are MB branded wipers, no idea who make them.

Maybe because I clean them every time I wash my car, just wipe the MF mitt along the wiper blades.

Comment

Try Optimum No-rinse. I use this to get windows sqeaky-clean.
                  Art Layton
                  2009 Jetta TDI

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');