• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best product to protect new paint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best product to protect new paint

Well hello all I am new to this world as I have driven a beater truck for the last 2 years. Well anyhow I repainted it and kind of restored it and want to treat the paint the best. The paint is an Acrylic Lacquer based paint and I feel it is very soft paint that could be ruined easily (bird droppings, tree sap etc) and am looking for what would protect my car the best. I am looking for clay, polish and wax. I just bought the Porter Cable Buffer and an array of buffing pads. I want to use Meguiars products to protect the car as that is what I used on my old car before this one and they did a great job. Also I live in Western New York and the roads are pure salt in the winter time. If someone could fill me in on the best products to use or some guidance to go about that would be great.
    - Clay
    - Wax
    -Polish
    -Non Harsh soap

Here are some pics of the paint job before and after and why I am so worried about the paint (time and effort I dont want it to look like **** after a couple years)

BEFORE PICTURE

(BEFORE)

Re: Best product to protect new paint

Opti-Coat!!!!

DetailingByM.com

Comment

I was looking into the Opti-Coat and it seems exactly what I need. Now just wondering if it is safe for the paint I used and clear coat safe

Comment

acrylic laquer.. damn u law breaker you. LOL. id go old school with the mirror glaze. keep it maintained but we give it a nice deep dark finish

Comment

OC is safe on practicly everything.

DetailingByM.com

Comment

If the paint is fresh, you will want to wait about 3 months before waxing.

Clay and then #80 Speed Glaze would be the closest thing to protection you would really want to use until then.
            2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Thank you for all the replies I just bought the smooth surface clay kit and the Ultimate Polish. Anyone know what kind of wax I would want to get. There is white, black, Paste wax. Any suggestions

Comment

------vvvv
                Originally posted by Murr1525 View Post
                If the paint is fresh, you will want to wait about 3 months before waxing.

Clay and then #80 Speed Glaze would be the closest thing to protection you would really want to use until then.

DetailingByM.com

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');