• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mazda 6 Full Correction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mazda 6 Full Correction

Hi all, it's been a while.

After some time I got some customers who wants to do full detailing.

The car is not in bad nick, 15,000KM in 2 years.

So as usual, clean the wheels using Turtle wax wheel cleaner, also tyres and HD Total on wheel arches.

Car got Foam bath, just bought foam lance for karcher, 16 bucks and works a treat. Then mix HD Total with Bilt hamber shampoo, 2 buckets wash.

Clay it and HD final touch(don't buy chinese **** clay, I bought this one under 3M brand and marring all the paint).

Upon inspection, the bonnet and roof only got 80-90 microns. The rest of the car got 170-250 microns. I ask my cust, and he said that the car has been repainted the whole panel. No wonder its not sticky paint like normal japanese car got.

Then I try to polish using Meguiars DAMF system D300 correction compound and Cutting MF disc. Works a treat but I did 1 more step which is using HD Polish to make it glossier. Whole car got the same treatment unless tight areas and side skirts using HD Cut and Polish using LC cut pad and LC polish pad.

Before:

After Polish:

Foam Bath again to remove polishing oil:

Then after LSP Nitro Seal:

Tyres dressed with Zaino Trim and tyre dressing, also with other trims.

Interior is normal clean up, just vac and wipe down. Exhaust tips using autosol. Windows using Meg's Glass Cleaner. Door handle HD Cut hand polish.

Just a note to apply nitro seal, since I put too much Part A, it makes the whole process a bit longer. Just put 1-2 pea size to the pad, and you good to go for 1 whole panel. Not too wet and you'll be ok. I'm tired removing those part a and b plus need to wait for 1 hour plus to fully cured.

18 man hours to do this job, the longest I'd ever done. But I'm grateful with this job and great cust family, very friendly, feels like home.

Thanks for looking. Comments appreciated.

Re: Mazda 6 Full Correction

Nice job! But it doesn't look like a repaint at all.
    Looks like stock paint. Mazda has some real nice paint on the few I've worked on.

DetailingByM.com

Comment

Nice work

Comment

Originally posted by Please Wash Me Detailing View Post
        Nice job! But it doesn't look like a repaint at all.
        Looks like stock paint. Mazda has some real nice paint on the few I've worked on.

I find mazda has the worst paint...scratches very wasy if your not care full....i had to get the front end repainted on mine last year because of the stone chips. Their one layer of maint and one layer of clear haha

Comment

The black paint is looking extremely glossy! Great job!
          2011 Car Crazy Showcase SEMA Team

Comment

Awesome!

http://www.meticulous-detail.com/
            "The Prep makes the Pop, not what's on Top"

Comment

Great work, very nice car.
              I kind of want a mazda 6 wagon as a daily driver.
              Now I want one more.

Comment

Thanks Guys. Appreciate it.

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');