• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Compatibility with IE10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Compatibility with IE10

Just curious, is/are there any problem(s) anyone has had with this forum while using IE10? The reason I ask is the 'enter' key no longer wants to work here on MOL. I, at first, thought my keyboard had gone south, but I've had no problems with other forums. Thanx...Bill

Maybe the update for IE switched the accept key, the compatibility with ie has been aleays a problem, it doesn't compile with international standars, im a developer and i can tell yiu that.

Comment

Re: Compatibility with IE10

I should explain further...when I 'log in' I just hit the 'enter' key and bingo, I'm in. But, when typing here and using the 'enter' key as a 'line space' no joy. Bill

Comment

Originally posted by BillE View Post
        Just curious, is/are there any problem(s) anyone has had with this forum while using IE10? The reason I ask is the 'enter' key no longer wants to work here on MOL. I, at first, thought my keyboard had gone south, but I've had no problems with other forums. Thanx...Bill
        Ok im a computer guy and im not sure if IE 10 is to blame for your problem - but Firefox,Chrome and opera are all free and 100 times the browser IE will ever be so do yourself a favor and get a good browser.

Now im used to getting flamed on this point and because I am a web designer developer as part of my work day I tend to get a little passionate about the subject - but just try one of the aforementioned you will be glad you did - also for the flamers Google ie market share and my point rests.( I just did an info graphic at work and ie is well below 40% even at conservative "we hate ie levels.").

Comment

Oh, I'm not going to start flaming-LOL. I wasn't planning on even upgrading to IE10...I missed that it was on the semi-monthly updates from MSFT. I did read a couple of articles (one from CNET) that really did laud the benefits of the 'new' IE. One nice thing is the built spell checker! Works a lot like "Office" (I can't spell worth poo). Back on topic, I have absolutely NO problem on any other site that requires 'my input.' I take on-line classes and (thank goodness) no problems. Thanx for chiming in...Bill

Comment

I can probably fix your issue. Check your editor options under your profile, unless you've fixed this already. I know it was 20 days ago with your last reply. I found out something a while back with the enter key not working.

Click on Forums> Click on Forum Actions > General Settings > Scroll down to Miscellaneous Options > Make sure Standard Editor is chosen, if not change it then choose Save at the bottom and try again.

I had changed mine to "Enhanced Interface - Full WYSIWYG Editing" and it would not use the enter key for nothing. Changed it back to "Standard Editor - Extra formatting controls" and it was back to normal.

Good luck.
            Show N Shine Car Detailing - Quality Care, Each and Every Time

Comment

You Sir are a scholar and a gentleman!

Thank you very much, as you can see...'enter' becomes 'line feed' again.

Thanks again!

Bill

Comment

I'm happy that did the trick. I too use IE10. Never tried that enhanced interface with another IE version.
                Show N Shine Car Detailing - Quality Care, Each and Every Time

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');