• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Polishing Cloths...what should I use???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Polishing Cloths...what should I use???

When using Meguiar's NXT car polishes which type of cloths should I use to:

1) Wash
    2) Dry
    3) Polish

Also, I bought some MicroTex Microfiber Suede Polishing cloths, which seem to be very soft. I noticed the bottle said to use only 100% cotton towels...

Anyone ever use the Microfiber cloths or should I return these things and buy some cotton bath towels?
    Cheers!

Rob

Microfiber cloths are great for detailing because of the design of the thread. When you wash you should ues either a sheepskin mitt or a high quality synthetic mitt. To dry you should use a "WW" type cloth such as the Water Magnet. To remove polish, you should use microfiber cloths such as the hometex cloths you picked up. The hometex brand is fairly good quality, but I would be hesitant to use them on my paint. The supreme shine or ultimate wipe cloths from meg's are superior in quality. The hometex would be better for applying dressing to your interior or Qd'ing door jams and underhood work. Sorry, that was a jumbled mess, but hope it helped.

Comment

Thanks Travis,

Just wondering if you know why they say to use 100% cotton if the Microfiber seems so much softer...

Is it so people don't go out and polish their cars with an SOS pad ?
      Cheers!

Rob

Comment

Depending on how old the packaging on the product was, mf may have not been around or popular yet. A 100% terry is great as well, just don't use your average bath towel. Using a high quality mf towel is a great way of avoiding swirl marks when polishing and drying.

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');