• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Review: Meguiar's DA Power System

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Review: Meguiar's DA Power System

Nice review... thanks for bumping this to the top, I missed the post in feb....
    Presently in York Pa
    2012 FLHXSE3 Black and Slate Gray
    2012 Tundra CM Black
    2015 Acura TLX White Pearl

Comment

Can this be used with a cordless drill? All my drills are 18v lithium ion.
      09 Ford Explorer Limited AWD

Comment

Originally posted by luc.who View Post
        Nice review... thanks for bumping this to the top, I missed the post in feb....
        Thank you!

Originally posted by trailblazer295 View Post
        Can this be used with a cordless drill? All my drills are 18v lithium ion.
        Meguiar's recommends using a corded drill. I'm mainly assuming it's because of the needed torque for paint correction or removing defects.

But there's nothing stopping you from trying to use it with a cordless drill. I've done it so myself but only for applying wax. Just don't be disappointed if you don't get the results you are expecting when using the cordless drill to remove swirls and defects.
        2011 Car Crazy Showcase SEMA Team

Comment

Originally posted by Marc08EX View Post
          Thank you!

Meguiar's recommends using a corded drill. I'm mainly assuming it's because of the needed torque for paint correction or removing defects.

But there's nothing stopping you from trying to use it with a cordless drill. I've done it so myself but only for applying wax. Just don't be disappointed if you don't get the results you are expecting when using the cordless drill to remove swirls and defects.
          Thanks for the response, my Makita drill has pretty good specs. Bored through concrete foundation in hammer mode. I'm a newbie at this so might be good baby step away from hand waxing without the big coin of a MT300
          09 Ford Explorer Limited AWD

Comment

Originally posted by trailblazer295 View Post
            Thanks for the response, my Makita drill has pretty good specs. Bored through concrete foundation in hammer mode. I'm a newbie at this so might be good baby step away from hand waxing without the big coin of a MT300
            Sounds like you have a powerful cordless drill. Just give it a shot and see if it works. If it bogs down when you apply pressure then it's probably because the drill is not corded.
            2011 Car Crazy Showcase SEMA Team

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');