• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Makita 9227, products and pads...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Makita 9227, products and pads...

Hi,
    I have bougth a makita 9227. I have got Ultimate compound, ultimate polish, ultimate liquid wax.
    I also bougth w7000, w8000, and w9000 pads to work with my new 9227.
    Question is that:
    Can I use ultimate compound, polish and liquid wax with said rotaty buffer with the said w series pads?
    I think it is possible ultimate compound with w7000
    ultimate polish with w8000
    ultimate liquid wax with w9000
    Is this harmful for the clean coat to use these products with rotary buffer?
    What is the best option for applying ultimate liquid wax? With w9000 by rotary or with foam pad by hand?
    Thanks in advance, regards.

Re: Makita 9227, products and pads...

Ultimate Compound, Ultimate Polish and Ultimate Wax aren't really designed to be applied by rotary. Can you try it, sure why not but it might not give you the most optimal results.

I would highly suggest you look at their mirror glaze siblings which is designed for rotary application. M105 Ultra Cut Compound (in substitute of Ultimate Compound) and M205 Ultra Finishing Polish (in substitute of Ultimate Polish). As for wax, M21 Synthetic Sealant can also be applied via rotary. If you insist on using Ultimate Wax, I would highly suggest you apply that by hand.

I would use M105 with either the 7xxx or 8xxx pads and M205 with either the 8xxx or 9xxx pads. It just depends at the situation you have and what you're trying to accomplish. M21 is definitely to be used with the 9xxx pads.

Is it harmful for the clearcoat to use the products with a rotary buffer? Yes and no. Yes it's harmful if you don't know what you're doing because you can easily burn off your paint. It's not harmful if you know what you're doing. Is this your first time using the rotary buffer or are you experienced?

You should look into getting a G110v2 Dual Action Polisher. It's extremely easy to use and safe for the paint.
    2011 Car Crazy Showcase SEMA Team

Comment

Those products are more for hand application and a DA Polisher.
      I don't see any problems that these products will do to your paint if used correctly.

A rotary polisher is an advanced tool.
      Do you have any experience with a RP?

You might Be able to use your rotary if you use a low speed, do a test spot and check your results. But it all depends on the reaction of the paint and your skill.

I recommend a DAP
      The DA Polisher is a fantastic tool that armatures and pros can use with little experience.

oh yea and liquid wax can be applied by hand or mech. your choice

DetailingByM.com

Comment

I am new in using rotary. I Plan to start with a sopt test. And another question... my garage is very cold. It is approximately 5-6 degrees celcius. Is it advangate for me to work with RP?

Comment

If I were you, I would learn how to use your rotary polisher first before working on your car. This tool requires knowledge and experience to be used correctly or you can damage your paint.

Check out the dual action polishers I linked above. With the advancement of polishes and pads, you can achieve swirl free results safely as well.
          2011 Car Crazy Showcase SEMA Team

Comment

Good advice above. My recommendation echoes Marc and PWMD - Invest in a dual action polisher and start learning to polish with that. But if you plan to use your Makita after the precautionary posts from Marc and PWMD, please take time to watch these videos 5 Video segments on wet-sanding and using a rotary buffer and reference these links Rotary Pads & Speed, and Product, Pad & Speed Recommendations for Rotary Buffing.

Keep the pad moving, do NOT dwell over any area or apply anything more than light pressure (I don't use any at all, just the weight of the polisher). As mentioned above, the direct rotation of a rotary polisher like the Makita 9227 can burn through your clearcoat before you're aware of whats happening, and the only resolution if that happens is to repaint the panel. And put away the W7000 pad (burgundy cutting pad). With a Makita polisher, that's just way too much risk.

Comment

Originally posted by Marc08EX:522318
              Ultimate Compound, Ultimate Polish and Ultimate Wax aren't really designed to be applied by rotary. Can you try it, sure why not but it might not give you the most optimal results.

I would highly suggest you look at their mirror glaze siblings which is designed for rotary application. M105 Ultra Cut Compound (in substitute of Ultimate Compound) and M205 Ultra Finishing Polish (in substitute of Ultimate Polish). As for wax, M21 Synthetic Sealant can also be applied via rotary. If you insist on using Ultimate Wax, I would highly suggest you apply that by hand.

I would use M105 with either the 7xxx or 8xxx pads and M205 with either the 8xxx or 9xxx pads. It just depends at the situation you have and what you're trying to accomplish. M21 is definitely to be used with the 9xxx pads.

Is it harmful for the clearcoat to use the products with a rotary buffer? Yes and no. Yes it's harmful if you don't know what you're doing because you can easily burn off your paint. It's not harmful if you know what you're doing. Is this your first time using the rotary buffer or are you experienced?

You should look into getting a G110v2 Dual Action Polisher. It's extremely easy to use and safe for the paint.
              +1
              If you like my work please like my FB page
              https://www.facebook.com/Ultimatecardetailingoc

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');