• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

when to use meguiar's #21 synthetic sealant 2.0?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• when to use meguiar's #21 synthetic sealant 2.0?

Hi to all,

I would like to seek your advice on after which step of my detailing procedure then i shoud use the sealant for protection on my paint work.

Currently, i have simple knowledge on detailing my paintwork.

Step 1 : wash
    Step 2 : claybar
    Step 3 : polish
    Step 4 : wax
    * Correct me if i am wrong...

However i would like to find out from you guys on after which step then i should apply meguiar's #21 synthetic sealant 2.0 onto the paint work and after apply this sealant what are the remaining steps that i should adopt in giving the best result. PLEASE teach me.. My is a black car.

Kindly advice me on the procedure.

Thanks a million

Re: when to use meguiar's #21 synthetic sealant 2.0?

You can use your M21 Synthetic Sealant in place of wax in step 4. Sealants are pretty much synthetic, man-made waxes. They give a different look than carnauba waxes and they last longer. But they serve the same purpose of protecting your paint.
    2011 Car Crazy Showcase SEMA Team

Comment

Like Mark said, step 2a could be a compound depending on what the paint looks like ( no scratches or marring in the paint step 2a not required )
      BMW ZSCCA Area Rep SoCal

Comment

Thx for the info.
        For polish, ultimate compound should be use?

As for what u have advice me, to use sealant instead of wax.
        Can I apply wax follow by sealant or it is useless to do so?

However I have did some read up where ppl mention after sealant, wax should be apply.

Please guide me...

Comment

Originally posted by HawkEye88 View Post
          Thx for the info.
          For polish, ultimate compound should be use?

As for what u have advice me, to use sealant instead of wax.
          Can I apply wax follow by sealant or it is useless to do so?

However I have did some read up where ppl mention after sealant, wax should be apply.

Please guide me...
          You dont need to make it too complicated... You can do something like:

1. Wash
          2. Clay if needed
          3. Clean/Polish - Ult. Compound would be your strong cleaner, and Ult. Polish would be your mild cleaner. You would use mild for regular detailing, and strong if there were swirls/scratches that need worked on.'
          4. Wax- Some people like to apply one product, then another. Usually that would be a synthetic product then carnuba. But you can also just keep it simple and do two coats of the same product. If you like the #21, then just use two coats of that.
          5. Wax - 2 thin coats are best.
          2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');