• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oxidation on Painted Aluminum RV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oxidation on Painted Aluminum RV

I recently purchased a 2003 Showhauler motorhome from a gentleman in California. It was stored outside and has quite a bit of oxidation on the exterior panels. The skin is .050 painted aluminum and the paint is seems to be very thin. Doesn't look like it would take much to rub down to the metal. I read on another post with a similar configuration which suggested to use the Ultimate Compound product to remove the oxidation and renew the shine. I am a little nervous about this based on how thin the paint may be. What does Meguires recommend in this case and has anyone had a similar experience. Please let me know......Thanks!

Re: Oxidation on Painted Aluminum RV

Any chance of a pic or two, esp of the surface, or where it seems thin?

If you want to be gentle starting off, something like #80 would be a good option, as it is milder with lots of oils in it to moisturize the paint.

What sort of hand, machine, etc will you be working with?
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

M80 or M07 used aggressively would be my first options.
      Tedrow's Detailing
      845-642-1698
      Treat Yourself to that New Car Feeling

Comment

Re: Oxidation on Painted Aluminum RV

M20 is a good wax for RVs. You really don't have to rub it out with a compound, I've never done that to an RV.
        20 on a yellow pad will give you amazing results.
        Also use a mech.

DetailingByM.com

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');