• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

buffer angle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• buffer angle

i just used my Metabo rotary first time last week for first time using rotary keep in mind first time touch a machine also i didn't used anything before no D/A or anything, i did nice job and i was really happy with the result, i used M83 with W7xxx maroon cutting pad @1500RPM. i noticed gumming then i know because of too much product i put. you can see my work i posted in (show you detailing section)

i was always read that the pad should be flat,at first couple passes i can't move the rotary correctly if the pad is flat, it was like vibrate & jumping, i angled the pad just very little then it worked fine.

now i am going to use M105/M205 for my second try. i read that using aggressive compunds with angled pad i will get hologram marks.i don't angle it too much just little millimeters.

any advices for using first time M105??, i am going to use it with maroon cutting pad.

i appreciate your advices guys.
    1995 Mustang GT 5 speed -Sold-
    1996 Mustang GT 5 speed -Sold-
    1999 Camaro Z28 6 Speed -Sold-
    2005 Grand Marquis LS

Re: buffer angle

Probably should not use the #105/maroon pad until you know what you are doing better. Practicing with the #205 and a polishing pad would make more sense.

What speeds were you using the machine at?
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

thanks for your fast reply, i used M83 with maroon cutting pad @1500, i really want to go into this, what its your thought about angle the pad little??
      1995 Mustang GT 5 speed -Sold-
      1996 Mustang GT 5 speed -Sold-
      1999 Camaro Z28 6 Speed -Sold-
      2005 Grand Marquis LS

Comment

Not saying it will stay absolutely flat all the time, but that really should be your goal.

Michael Stoops showing my advanced detailing class how to pick up a bead of product like a pro and not splatter!Afterwards Mike instructs us not to wild-arm ...
        2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Cut your speed back to around 1000 rpm. It will make it much more manageable. I spent many years behind a single-speed 2000 rpm buffer and caveman-tech compounds, and it just isn't necessary any more with modern products. Also, keep your pad clean. Over-saturated pads tend to hop around more. A very slight bit of angle won't hurt, but you should should always endeavor to keep the pad flat to reduce holograms and burning. Pad angle concentrates the pressure on a smaller area, and that's how traditional rotary problems are caused.

Bill

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');